Clicking links onto new tabs?

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
Muscleflex
Lance Corporal

Clicking links onto new tabs?

Post by Muscleflex »

Hi - any chance you could maybe consider opening links on new tabs rather than same window? Most forums have it this way and it's a tad annoying when I click on a link and it opens on the same window and I lose the thread I'm on...

Thanks
Scooby

Re: Clicking links onto new tabs?

Post by Scooby »

No because if a user wants to view the link in the same tab they will no longer be able to do so. If you want to open a link in a new tab you can middle mouse click on the link or right click and open in new tab. More info here: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/07 ... w-windows/
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

The "back" button always works for me, but I know what you're saying.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Muscleflex wrote:Hi - any chance you could maybe consider opening links on new tabs rather than same window? Most forums have it this way and it's a tad annoying when I click on a link and it opens on the same window and I lose the thread I'm on...

Thanks
Actually Muscle the feature is already here....it will work only if the page URL...is placed between the icons when you press the URL button on the reply or post toolbar
Not everyone uses it....some just find it easier to drop the link and paste it...it'll still work...but like Shaun said..you will have to back page it to get here again

ALPHA

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”