Tankers where are you?

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
wibblywobbly
Major

Tankers where are you?

Post by wibblywobbly »

Top marks to the admin team. Seems like the votes are in and the figures speak for themselves.

Matt - Would love to see the gallery link search system that I saw implemented, would be a great way to showcase models?

Interesting little tool that I found:

http://urlm.co.uk/www.rctankwarfare.co.uk

You can just type in the name of whatever site you like and see all the stats about it.

The next question is of course...where are all of those tanks in the uk?, it would be great to see those interested in the hobby coming along to meets etc.
Attachments
warfare.jpg
warfare.jpg (39.23 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Ad Lav
Captain

Re: Tankers where are you?

Post by Ad Lav »

I wonder if we had a members map, made private for members only to view so we could see where they are?

Not an exact postal code location but a 'rough' idea.

Be good to get some more local meets going, perhaps setup a county wide section on the forum for meets?
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Here's another idea - how hard/expensive is it to make the forum compatible with tapatalk? The reason being is that you can upload photos to the forum without having to use photobucket or other hosting sites.

It's something the Tamiya club forum do and I upload my photos from tapatalk.

Thoughts?
Darkas
Private

Post by Darkas »

On another forum (no tank related) we used links like this:

https://www.google.nl/maps/@53.2525274, ... a=!3m1!1e3

That's the small village where my tank is.

? Image ?
? HL Leopard 2a6
? HL 3rd gen 2.4 Ghz RX and TX
? 4.1 PRO steel gearboxes, 380 motors/18.000t
? Metal Tracks, Sprocket-, Idler- and Road wheels
? KOMODO+
? Slip ring for 360º turret rotation
? Selfmade Darkas unit
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

wibblywobbly wrote:Top marks to the admin team. Seems like the votes are in and the figures speak for themselves.

Matt - Would love to see the gallery link search system that I saw implemented, would be a great way to showcase models?

Interesting little tool that I found:

http://urlm.co.uk/www.rctankwarfare.co.uk

You can just type in the name of whatever site you like and see all the stats about it.

The next question is of course...where are all of those tanks in the uk?, it would be great to see those interested in the hobby coming along to meets etc.
I would love to see how these sites generate their statistics as they are always way off :haha: In the last month our pageviews are 165,000 and 25,000 unique visits :D

I'm not sure how far Matt got with the gallery system but he's super busy at the moment with work and life so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

For a location map we could use what Darkas suggested:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Of course it is open to abuse but have a play with it and let me know if it's suitable.
Ad Lav wrote:Here's another idea - how hard/expensive is it to make the forum compatible with tapatalk? The reason being is that you can upload photos to the forum without having to use photobucket or other hosting sites.

It's something the Tamiya club forum do and I upload my photos from tapatalk.

Thoughts?
I've just added Tapatalk support to the forum, it should hopefully be a lot nicer for mobile users as I know the site looks like crap on phones.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

That's great - I'll search for it in tapatalk.

The main reason is that phone cameras are so good now that you can upload pics straight from phone/tapatalk to the forum!
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Interesting data Scooby, for a hobby site this one is right up there.

Tell Matt to get his work life balance in order, work on the hop ups for the site, his life will be fulfilled. :P

Just need to find out where all those tankers are hiding now.... :shifty:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”