Please REvive back master class section!

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
Marc780
Corporal

Is there any way to get this section going again? I miss it

Post by Marc780 »

I like seeing people's very best work from all over the world. It would be very nice to come here and vote on someone's great build! I hope the mod take a second appraisal and bring this featureback to the site, i really liked it. "Show off" doesn't have enough tanks to look at. Thanks for hearing my comment
Marc780
Corporal

Please REvive back master class section!

Post by Marc780 »

Sorry i double posted in that section but, i would really enjoy seeing this section up and running again! There are so many expert model builders on this site and i'd really like seeing their work and voting for who gets master class. I'm really not able to construct any tanks good enough to be considered for it so that's not the reason i'd like to see Master class again - I just like seeing awesome tank builds and there isn't nearly enough in Show off" section, and it can be tough to find interesting build threads when you are looking one at a time!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: Is there any way to get this section going again? I mis

Post by jackalope »

I agree. However it would appear that members don't know a poll needs to be added when a nomination is made.

Also how many votes determine weather or not your work gets in? I've been through quite a few nomination threads where I would have thought a model would have made it in as all the votes were positive but it's then forgotten about and just dies.
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Please REvive back master class section!

Post by edpanzer »

Here here I say but only 5 votes in over 24 hrs on the thread I created is disappointing
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Spartan tracks
Staff Sergeant

Post by Spartan tracks »

I agree also a novice class for those that have only been at it a short while would be great!!!!!!!
Jagdpanther 1/6 1st SS
Torro Sturmtiger Clark TK60
Torro Jagdtiger Elmod Pro
Torro Panther G Clark TK60
Torro Panther F Clark TK60
Taigen Tiger 1 Early .....
Torro Jagdpanther TK60
Hooben Elephant Elmod Pro
Torro Tiger 1 Late ...
Torro KIng Tiger .....
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Mixed Emotions on this....I do like to look at builds that inspire....but don't really like when it gets redundant

There are many builders on the board....several which have taken inspiration from ones who where in the Masterclass....So ask yourself...would those deserve to be there as well?

There is a find line of distinction between the two IMO....Many don't care and will nominate as well as vote for those builds....I guess because I have been a Judge in Model contests....I compile a set of criteria and judge accordingly setting all biases aside
You have too....If not you just have a thread of builds .... :/ and the ones truly deserving never get there :thumbdown:

I was able to nominate ONE....and it was truly deserving as the builder "I" felt went above and beyond what I've seen other board members do..and he is still doing it on his other tanks...setting new criteria for up and coming builders .....There are two I didn't get to nominate as the thread was closed.....those would have been the Metal Scratchbuilt KV2 by Lposter and the Duplex by FredtheFrench....
You might ask why...It's because they are all out of the Norm...above and beyond ....make people think about what can be done...thus defining the word INSPIRATION

There are a couple I would pile into the group of Redundant and this is not meant to insult anyone who was INSPIRED by the build on the Master's thread....but just to show the difference ....Fynsdad had a JagdPanther he built up from a PanTiger long before I ever joined the board ...There was a PanTiger conversion just done about a month ago....So do you put the 2nd one in already knowing Fyn had already done it? There was also a Firefly in that thread also done long before I had joined the board ....there was a Firefly just completed about a month ago as well.....do you add that one in? ....Not to take away that the builds were done ...and done equally well...where do you draw the line of DISTINCTION

Great Builders already know who they are....Recognition is a good thing ...but not really necessary IMO

If the Mods do decide to re open the the thread...I would more like to see a TITLE change....."BUILDS THAT INSPIRE" ..would be a more appropriate name...as it would encompass a larger field of builds even those from Novices who did something totally different ;)

BOTTOM LINE: The thread is already missing so many of the very best builds....So it really doesn't matter to me whether it is revived or not...The reality being...they should just get rid of it

HAPPY TANKING :wave:

ALPHA

PS. One last reason to just get rid of the thread....Too much "in Club" voting would occur...I'm not Knocking Clubs... I think they are a good thing....but the votes would be Biased and all you would see is what the clubs view every meet they have
Sirmarvelousmarv1
Recruit

Post by Sirmarvelousmarv1 »

I agree with alpha there would be bias the clubbers would be voting 4 there tecno/detailas/insperalis wizz BUT HOW ABOUT the site now and again donations depending choses a tank etc they like to win say (spare parts.decals.etc)in the form of say 100 quid but not money .depending where they live and what shop they buy from the site gets the details from the winner and that shop gets the money and he uses up the credit if and when he needs paint thinners wheels foliage netting.etc etc etc. Just a thought .OH OH JUST THOUGHT of some thing else the site speaks to the model shops who are mentioned on here (do they pay 4 that advertising)and ask for free giveaway products electronics rx and tx 9ch thou tehe paint bundles etc you get the jist
Less of those negative waves moriarty WOOF WOOF :crazy:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

I like the idea of some kind of contest, but that can quickly become a lot of work and you need someone trustworthy to oversee things, but if you can find the right chap to step up and run the show you could allow guys to nominate builds or subjects (best build, best photo, best video, best weathering, best whatever-the-hell-ya-want) but the kick is it costs a few bucks to nominate. Nominations are open for a set time frame, once they close the members vote and the winner takes whatever doesn't go to the site for upkeep. I hear the internet isn't really free and you have to pay for stuff like servers and what-not, and you know there's fees out the wazoo (yes, that's the technical term - wazoo). Then we all get to put our money where our mouths are, we get to take a gander at some world class tanks, the winner not only gets the kudos of his peers, he gets a tangible reward, and the forum gets help with keepin' us all babblin' on.

Just an idea, Fellas. I have a lot of 'em, some better than others. Maybe someone can tweak this idea into something that will make us all happy?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

No disrespect Mr Max, but I personally would not sanction any form of "prize money" for the reinstatement of the master class.

I fervently agree the class should be bought back, and some of the efforts put in scream Master Class through and through, but not at the cost of basic integrity.
We like it, we vote accordingly, and the 'winner' takes home a model he already has and the satisfaction(if they need it) of this award having been accorded by the members, for the effort put in for that build...............

Its a good concept to award those that shine, but it is wise also in order to promote the hobby, to award those that strive & put in effort valiantly, and feel the same satisfaction when stepping back and looking on the creation they have made, as those that have strengths and can inspire achievement by others .......................

Lets just keep the awareness up of the general populace's desire to restore the Master Class Category, and be prepared if granted, to be active and involved in its regular appearance.

Cheers

Herman
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

To be honest, I don't think it should be brought back. Peoples opinions on what deserves or doesn't to into it will be divisive. I got the impression this forum exists as a counter point to another forum which does have things like tank of the month etc.

I'd probably propose an alternative, similar to what alpha suggests or something different - A completed builds thread. Lots of forums have incomplete builds - filtering out the completed ones, renaming them to make them more easily discovered.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”