Board Moderators

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
Merlin707
Corporal

Board Moderators

Post by Merlin707 »

This is some general questions for our board moderators to answer really if possible.

I've seen quite a few comments etc on here from various people about elitism, moderation, changes etc on this board as well as way too much bitchyness, back stabbing and under handed comments between parties on people's posts where they have only asked a simple question.

My questions to the Moderators are the following:
1. What does it take to become a moderator on this forum and who gets to choose?
2. Is there a head moderator to moderate those in this position so that it is not abused?
3. How do you intend to deal with the statement I made before the questions as this is a continuing problem and it's not good for new people to this hobby and forum to have to deal with it?
4. Would the moderators be willing to have a sticky post that is locked listing all the moderators and why they were chosen and what specifically they do? The reason for this is it gives those us who aren't moderators peace of mind that issues really are getting dealt with when they get raised.
5. I saw a post recently nominating an individual to be a moderator only to be shot down by saying it's now how it works, may I ask why this can't be? Surely the members would have better trust in the team if they had a say who was doing this job.

Hopefully this post does not get locked but given the opportunity as I am interested.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Board Moderators

Post by Matdragon »

Hi there,
To be a moderator one must be objective and fair, with no pretense, holds a neutral standing with the community and usually is a long standing member with no bad history. Moderators are usually chosen, when we feel that we need a new moderator we will look for members making good contributions and meet our criteria as mentioned. All of the moderators are given the chance to voice their opinion on new moderators, if any negative responses are received then it will be highly analysed. For a time after elected a new moderator will be watched closely to see if their actions are correct and they are fulfilling their responsibilities correctly. If a moderator is abusing their powers it will be seen by any other member or staff member and dealt with swiftly, there are logs to moderator actions.
Not quite sure of the purpose of a proposed sricky thread, if you want to get to know them why not drop a PM to say hi? If you feel a moderator is not dealing with an issue you raise with them correctly then get in contact with a different moderator and apprise them of the situation. Hope this answers your questions :)
Cheers,
Matt
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

In general it is difficult to argue against you, I have always despised "elitism" but this Forum does have I am very pleased to state some "experts" I am loth to name them, but never the less these people for all their self deprecation are readily recognised by most of us, I shall name David Byden, Billpe, Guido Henn, but these good people would I am sure be first in line to acknowledge the positive contribution of most members, YOU Sir have arrived on the Forum suffering accusations that have yet to be disproved, When/if they are I will gladly offer my hand in friendship but that time is not now, and so I hope you will forgive me if I watch from the sidelines your progress on the Forum.shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

I'm flattered you'd mention me like that but I'm no expert, especially compared to a real expert like David! I've just got allot of time on my hands when I commute so read books like it's going out of fashion.

In respect to how this forum is run - I once ran a forum with 4 other guys with 300 active daily members and around 30k regular members, a gaming forum and for a while in 2003-4 was in there with the worlds top 1000 sites and it taught me a few things. The first thing to realise you're on someone elses forum, there space, their grand design so you play by their rules. The proposal of admins or moderators isn't something people should concern themselves with and those in charge will pick them when they need them or at least that was the way in my experience. However it's not been something I've never really seen the need for here other than moving some threads to different places. It's always been fairly chilled out and the only drama is usually around a Hawaiian missing a delivery or getting his facts muddled over batteries. Nothing more than light hearted at best.

Two things to bare in mind is post count means nothing and constructive criticism when asked for or saying someone - with evidence - is incorrect is not elitism.
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

How the hell did I get dragged into this??? LOL!

Where is all this coming from anyway, did I miss something AA? billpe? Iposter? Damn! I bet I missed something really good...

I love hate and dissension among the troops... @)
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
edpanzer

Post by edpanzer »

Meeeoooow
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

I've decided to lock this thread, my first reply contained all the answers to the original question, merlin if you don't feel I have please PM me as this thread has now been completely derailed by A A Gepard and now serves no purpose. I apologise to the rest of you that it was allowed to go this far!

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”