For Sale section

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
jackalope
Lieutenant

For Sale section

Post by jackalope »

After seeing some of the stuff that members have to deal with in the for sale section I think some of the rules I have encountered on other forums that I couldn't understand I do now!

#1 There should be a minimum number of posts before you can make a for sale thread. 50 posts seems to be a magic number that a lot of forums use. This helps stop people from just joining to scam, steal, or otherwise just screw with members.

#2 Indian Givers! Put something for sale and then after a day or 2 posting you changed your mind. First time gets you a warning, second time gets you a week to think about it and a new little tag in your sig that is permanent.... "INDIAN GIVER". 3rd time gets you a month, 4th time gets you gone for good.
cannedheat

Re: For Sale section

Post by cannedheat »

if the boot was on the other foot ? wot wot
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

What foot? A minimum post count is nothing strange it's required on most forums. Not sure I understand what you mean canned? And this is the ONLY forum I've ever been a member of where people say they're selling something and then change their minds. Is it a UK thing to want to screw with someone for no reason ? When I have posted things for sale I have never backed out on selling the item.
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Jack, a couple of weeks ago a guy advertised three tanks for sale on this forum, I sent him a pm said I'd take them off him...a few pm's later we agreed on a price..he said he would ship them the next morning and I would pay him....that was a couple of weeks ago..no tanks...and not a word from the guy...does not answer any pm's..He did not even bother to tell me he's changed his mind..now that's bad..

Jake
Last edited by Jake79 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

See now that's crappy! I hope you didn't give him the money yet.

The for sale section isn't all bad, I got pale painters Tiger off it. But something needs to be done to discourage people from ..... well there's no easy way to put this but just plain being a ****.
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

each to is own, but one does not see changing ones mind becomes screwing, you have been screwed when they takes your pennies then does a Ronnie biggs, and why it becomes personel when its got nothing to do with any one other than the buyer ,seller I do not under stand ? there , nothing more to say old chap you have your answer..... boot on the other foot, unless you or whoever was doing it, boot on the other foot .....wot wot ......
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

jackalope wrote:After seeing some of the stuff that members have to deal with in the for sale section I think some of the rules I have encountered on other forums that I couldn't understand I do now!

#1 There should be a minimum number of posts before you can make a for sale thread. 50 posts seems to be a magic number that a lot of forums use. This helps stop people from just joining to scam, steal, or otherwise just screw with members.

#2 Indian Givers! Put something for sale and then after a day or 2 posting you changed your mind. First time gets you a warning, second time gets you a week to think about it and a new little tag in your sig that is permanent.... "INDIAN GIVER". 3rd time gets you a month, 4th time gets you gone for good.
#1 just leads to people spamming useless posts until they get the quota, the current rules state that you can't have just signed up to sell things. If you see somebody doing this then alert a moderator.

#2 People sell their stuff on loads of different forums and auction sites so that's always going to happen
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Scooby, I saw the rule about signing up to just sell something will get you banned and that rule exists on most other forums as well however they also have a minimum post requirement to post in the for sale section. If they are found to just be spamming they get banned, an extra layer of protection for members never hurts.

As to selling something elsewhere or on eBay that is something different then the seller just saying "changed my mind mates".

Taking the buyers money without delivering the goods makes you a thief, plain and simple.
Last edited by jackalope on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I wonder what changing ones mind then selling it to some one else comes under
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

tomhugill wrote:I wonder what changing ones mind then selling it to some one else comes under

So you and the seller come to an agreement on something they are selling and then AFTER the deal is agreed to they tell you they changed their mind about selling it and then sell it to someone else? Yeah we all know what that kind of person is but I don't want to post it here as #1 it would be edited, #2 may get me a warning or banned.

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”