Recommended Vendor vs. Blacklisted: A suggestion

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
KennyK
Recruit

Recommended Vendor vs. Blacklisted: A suggestion

Post by KennyK »

Hi All,

As a newbie to RC Tanks and this website I've been reading a lot of posts, particularly in the Vendors area. I've seen conflicting posts from members regarding the same vendor in both Recommended and Blacklisted. One thread in particular caught my eye discussing exactly how a vendor is either one or the other and how do we get one into or off either Recommended or Blacklisted.

What if we were to have simply one Vendors section populated soley by members, not vendors themselves. Each vendor would have their own Thread, with members posting their experiences, good or bad, within that thread. That way we could see improvements, degradations or inconsistencies in any vendor services we encounter. Perhaps one vendor has an excellent sales dept. but a flaky helpline, or vice versa.

In this way, if a vendor does not have a thread, a new one is created, titled "MyHomeTown Model Shop" or such, with simply "Anyone had any experience of this mob?" or "After a chat with xxx at MyHomeTown modelshop, had a great experience"

Example:

Vendors:
-Brucies Model Shop, Brohampton, Florida
----Great service, prompt ordering/reciepting but slow to deliver
----Great service, prompt ordering, mixed up my receipt, slow to deliver

-Scale Model Shop, Bristol, UK
----Good stock but aftersales are hit and miss
----Great stock held in store, prompt delivery

-MyHomeTown Model Shop
----Anyone heard of this mob?
--------Yes, I've heard of them, it's my local. they've a reasonable stock and will order in if they don't have it. Owner is a nice guy.
----After a chat with xxx at MyHomeTown modelshop, had a great experience

It is just a suggestion, and I'm a newbie, so don't flame too hard :haha:

Cheers,
KennyK
FreakyDude
Corporal

Re: Recommended Vendor vs. Blacklisted: A suggestion

Post by FreakyDude »

Isn't the vendors section already filled in by hobbyists, tank mad people?
A Joke is a very serious thing
Winston Churchill

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”