TIGERS/SHERMANS

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
NickDonitz
Corporal

Re: TIGERS

Post by NickDonitz »

I think a dedicated Tiger area would be good and a bit different....info on one type all in one area...Great idea Alpha, though we would have to keep a brake on Alphas inclusion of cartoon bints and dodgy add ons and no pink or wierd camo either.. and no saying stuffs good when its naff n no...... and no....... and no...... and no........... and no ........ Oh goodness where would it all end

But I do think its a good idea

But I do think its a sound idea
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

NickDonitz wrote:I think a dedicated Tiger area would be good and a bit different....info on one type all in one area...Great idea Alpha, though we would have to keep a brake on Alphas inclusion of cartoon bints and dodgy add ons and no pink or wierd camo either.. and no saying stuffs good when its naff n no...... and no....... and no...... and no........... and no ........ Oh goodness where would it all end

But I do think its a good idea

But I do think its a sound idea
Have no idea about the process...there are two dedicated "THREADS" at the moment ...one for Shermans and one for Tigers...I used improper terminology in my proposal... reason I resubmitted the suggestion to Saxon....the correct request would be for "CATEGORIES"....where build as well as show off can be combined and found in one place

Now if you compare a thread to a CATEGORY...look at the two "threads" as they stand now....there is no definition or reference to whom someone might be complimenting or asking what who where how... get's a little murky after awhile....Categories would add definition...as each Tiger or Sherman could have it's own thread :D

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

I agree on the bloody pink, but all else is fine !

I get the coments about 'naff' but folks these days have feelings...................and those that dont(like me) are smart enough to realise that if you are brave enough to actually criticise, than there will be another that is just that much better, that will criticise you(i.e. you better be bloody good)................then whats left is a vindictive, bitter bunch of hollier-than-thou D-heads with very little or no concern for what the core focus is of arenas like this, not to mention the disrespect of those that have taken the time -way before we arrived- to set it up.

I reckon that IF this forum was catagorised much more, then I personally would likely never venture into the areas I was not really interesed in...............this is exactly what the format is in other similar forum layouts.
And so, may actually miss out on being educated by a person that has far more to offer skill wise than perhaps the subject tank would normally project.The way it is now promotes some degree of interaction with unfamiliar subject material or classification.

I will stick my neck out & say :

The Show Off thread could perhaps be divided into tank catagories which would also contain the build thread links, thus delivering the subject material completed(a lot of posters never actually post completed projects= "Tankious Interuptous") along with the build thread which fills the educational aspects we all crave.

(bows out rather gracefully for a drunkard and tips hat)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Herman Hi, hic stumble, fart! burp, wassa matta, ah there you are, would you mind not swaying about, Before I joined the Forum I spent some time going through the various sections, the showcase category came close to making me choose to move on, help, yes, advise, yes, but putting my efforts up for public examination, NO, NO, NO, I build my armour for my satisfaction. and when I get to the end of it, in common with everybody else I know that there is still something left to do and having some "EXPERT" pointing out my failings I can do without, The problem with my attitude is how are we to learn if we all sit in our workshops rubbing our hands together muttering mine all mine? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Gotcha...............I suppose im saying dont fix what may not be broken...................
But I can see the merits of making it easier to look up what it may be that interests each member for sure.
Its abit like the notion of changing a nations flag.................drags out the worst in all sides. :think:

Im now of the soak up a nightcap cointreau over ice and ponder the impending awakening of the youngest for a wee dram of milk....
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Entering the Arena... Shields up.................TWO CATEGORIES of the two most popular tanks that are asked about built and bought

one for TIGERS...one for SHERMANS...no where near changing a banner or flag... more like adding Photo etch to a build ;)

Simple... It ain't rocket science ;)

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Re: TIGERS/SHERMANS

Post by tomhugill »

I like subcategories so you can easily find stuff later on without crawling through pages and pages or use the dodgy search function. I see it as a filing tool and nothing more. If I want to see new stuff I use the show new posts function.

Regarding criticism I take what's useful to me and ignore what isn't.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

tomhugill wrote:I like subcategories so you can easily find stuff later on without crawling through pages and pages or use the dodgy search function. I see it as a filing tool and nothing more. If I want to see new stuff I use the show new posts function.

Like you would deserve any ??!!

New post "red-dots' works in all existing catagories . curiosity just kills-the-cat when those things glow :haha: :haha: :/
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:I like subcategories so you can easily find stuff later on without crawling through pages and pages or use the dodgy search function. I see it as a filing tool and nothing more. If I want to see new stuff I use the show new posts function.

YUP... though the search is helpful... you get a plethora of unnecessary garble along with it two categories would simplify the search for everyone

ALPHA
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

If you have a look on rctankregiment they have setup their forum in this manner and it works very well IMO.

David's been very helpful in getting my late tiger more accurate!

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”