TIGERS/SHERMANS

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Re: TIGERS/SHERMANS

Post by Matdragon »

Putting builds into the show off section and / or putting sub categories into it will destroy its original purpose, i have also been working on something in the few spare moments i get which relies on the Show off board being the way it is.
I just find this strange.

I mean it's not an unreasonable request however the mods don't seem to care what suggestions we as the primary users have.

I brought this point up a while back requesting info on what the mods etc actually did on a per person basis but only one mod answered and shot the idea down.

I mean if they can't take on board positive suggestions or ideas it comes across more like the alitist attitude that doesn't sit well.

The mods on other forums help the primary users to make them boards the best they can be by utilising suggestions etc and allowing nominations for the mod team.

Maybe they should all take a long hard look.
Calm down mate, we all have lives and are busy, we do take in suggestions but we can't simply implement every idea put forward because that person thinks it would be good! Also I'm not sure where you got the impression from that we "don't seem to care", but you couldn't be more wrong.

This forum has been set-up the way it is because it works. Find content through Google etc is much better here than on other sites, forums such as rctr split up their boards to such an extent that you then spend your time trying to find the right category to look in rather than browsing threads or learning how to use the search feature properly. Splitting up the categories too much will only make a mess of the forum and ruin the ease of use, seeing hundreds of near empty categories does not give a good impression! If you're that worried about a thread disappearing into history ALPHA then we can make them "Sticky" so that they stay at the beginning of the board.

If you guys really feel you have an idea that could be great for the forum then why not between you make a small specification on what your idea is and why it would be good, how it would work etc and send it to me to read through so that i can truly understand what is is you're trying to put forward.

Cheers,
Matt
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Hi Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to respond it is appreciated.
To answer a few of your questions:
1. The phrase mods don't care - you are the only mod that ever really answers or shows an interest, and after seeing some older (in last few months) some mods are very ignorant and seem to not care.

This is why I and others suggested that some mods be chosen through vote from the people.
Can you honestly answer why this can't happen??

2. You say people don't use the search feature properly, how about a sticky with a basic How To?

Again thank you for answering.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

Click on New Posts gives you the new posts, nothing lost. Searching is like Google, stick a word with a + before the next and search for it. It does rely on people naming their content properly though.

I don't really understand this need for a Tigers/Shermans thing. If I want to see a HL Tiger build I'll go into the HL part. I don't want to have to search through a dozen other threads with other manufacturers before I get to one because there's no tagging/labels on this site (that I've seen anyway and people don't use them if there are). Why is that? A HL Tiger shares almost nothing mechanically in common with a Tamiya Tiger. A HL Tiger shares more with another HL product than say a Tamiya. If I have a problem with a Tamiya gear box in my Tiger, why would I want to see threads about any other type? I'd want to see just Tamiya threads and vice versa with Mato or HL. It will just be confusing to have some dedicated area to one type of tank or another. If people want to show off, make a show off thread.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

No worries, I have an idea for the moderator introductions that i will put to the other moderators.

I really think splitting up the boards any more on a per-tank basis just ruins the flow of the board, however what would work is a "sticky" topic in the show off board for specific models, where people can show off their tanks in that thread? A sticky topic wouldn't be lost to time and would stay at the beginning of the board in full view.

Cheers,
Matt

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”