New design for the website banner?

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Re: New design for the website banner?

Post by Matdragon »

it is possible but would result in a large filesize for the banner which would significantly slow down the initial load time of the website :(
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hmmm,
I know its a British founded site, but ..... Dare I suggest a Vote on it.... ???
The two Churchills in the main banner are actually 'mirror images' and I think that the right hand one is therefore the 'Left-hand drive' version that was created for the export market only... :haha:
PS
I didn't know that Tank mad had a website either !!!....So I just added it to my 'tank' book marks page... :wave:
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Once again... I like the BRITISH tanks on the banner... and once again.. because none are really produced for us to enjoy... which shouldn't be the case... so it's also a reminder for manufacturers to consider them.. as there is a demand not yet met :D

The rest of the reasons I've stated already lol... But if anything...perhaps a VALENTINE or MATILDA on one side :thumbup:

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

This is a new area for me as well being new. I feel that the people that took the time and energy to create this site, and continue to moderate it & encourage growth have the SOLE right to decide the header/banner for it. The header AFV's are Churchills, the Prime Minster that helped keep his nation going's name was Churchill, and the last real genuine conflict that involved the universal clash of armour from all protagonists is reflected by these vehicles and the founders of this sites' heritige.
Let it be
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

Maybe change the tank so it’s not mirrored, but I would leave it as it has been around enough to register its own identity with google image search and in my case link from my website using the banner.

You don’t see Mars or any large well known brand changing their identity that often, just doesn’t work.

As for animated gif, don’t go there, loading problems on phones etc and can go out of date very quickly.

I like it even if the logo in the middle doesn’t reduce that well, but that is just my design head talking.

If you want any help with type faces, graphics, I’m happy to help.

Phil

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”