Introductions (or lack of them)

Have any comments or suggestions as to the running or advancing of the RC Tank Warfare website? If so, this is the place to be.
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Re: Introductions (or lack of them)

Post by silversurfer1947 »

It is not just a question of hard work, but whether it is actually possible within the constraints imposed by the basic forum software. If it can't be done, it won't be for the want of trying.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Thanks for your efforts. Do we have forum software support available to the forum owner? I used to use it in a forum l used to own but there was a small fee involved. Good luck!
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

As I understand things, the forum operates under very old architecture. To update to the latest, would require a total rebuild of the whole forum, which, I am sure you will appreciate, is not a 5 minute operation. We will do what we can within the physical limits that are imposed upon us.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Perhaps a help with the problem of being friendly, welcoming, and encouraging people to introduce themselves would be a "boilerplate" a moderator (or?) could copy and pop in (in which a moderator could pop? :haha:). I have used twice the one below, with slight variation, and I have written a few others, but I lack the patience to find them again :{ . This is sort of the idea, though probably could be much improved.

"There's a remarkable wealth of knowledge here on RC Tank Warfare, so there should be no problem getting you some help. But for starters, bop on over to the "Introduce Yourself " section (viewforum.php?f=42) and give us an idea of what modeling and RC experience you have. Even if you haven't any, that just puts you in the league with many of us. After you do the introduction, you'll likely find advice galore and probably start a bit of good-natured fun, too."

Return to “Comments and Suggestions”