Heng Long with a new company name?

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Heng Long with a new company name?

Post by dgsselkirk »

The math is simple, you have a billion people. 10% have money, that's 100 million, of them 10%, 10 million have more money, of them 10%, one million people have serious coin. There is now a class of uber wealthy in China.

Having been there twice on business and done business there for over 30 years the west really have no idea....
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Two businesses can double the profit.
High class business brings more than double profit.
Pareto principle..
gp100
Private

Post by gp100 »

General Jumbo01 wrote:They have a reputation that many will not let go so a name change may help them but, yes, lousy new name to choose. Judging by their latest models and new gearbox developments they may well put their prices up but good for them - and its all good for us!

Maybe those here who know the HL family could throw some light on this?

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
They can change the name to whatever they want.. You can't polish a turd..
I used to be indecisive. Now, I'm not sure..
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

They did and successfully so. And they haven't changed their name! Value wise, penny for penny, they are up there.
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

"They can change the name to whatever they want.. You can't polish a turd..[/quote]

I don't know, What about VWs partner company "Skoda" who once upon a time were a literal music hall /comic book /television/ radio laughing stock within and without the car industry and who are now rightly recognized as a manufacturer of well engineered vehicles?
If I started in this hobby for the first time this week and my first purchase was a Heng Long version 6 Tiger 1 I would be highly impressed with what my £100 had bought me especially when its nearest competitor "Taigen" was twice the price with no discernible advantages but had at least one major failing (In my Opinion).
The RCU Forum is I fear overloaded with people who deride Heng Long Tanks based it would appear on what a friend of a friend told them or a model they bought ten years ago when Heng Long products could be usefully compared with toys of the 50s stamped with made in Hong Kong on their base,
Yes they were cheap and sometimes nasty children's toys once upon a time but not anymore,
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
pitstain
Corporal

Post by pitstain »

I have two Heng Long tanks, an older 2A6 I upgraded with a clark board and a newer Abrams with Taigen electronics, they are both very MEH in the detail department and the electrics and mechanicals are also MEH, I have not got my hands on a 6.1 version but from what I have seen they are vastly improved in functionality, but until they get away from the pop-on poorly fitting detail parts I am not interested in trying one.

If I am going to sink extra money into a kit it will be a Tamiya for the foreseeable future....also the word "KIT" here is key, I want to 100% build it myself, but I am a member of what I feel is a shrinking group here.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

At least unlike Taigen you have a choice of whether to fit Heng Longs pop off/on fittings or aftermarket fittings unlike the more expensive Taigen products fittings which are moulded onto the Tank body.
I assume the "Shrinking Group" to which you refer are the wealthy because while most of us who modify our Taigen or Heng Long Tanks spend as much as the price of a similar Tamiya product by the time we have finished our build we do it over a period of time whereas the purchaser of a Tamiya Tank has to pay upfront £700+ and you don't get a smoker or an airsoft maingun included in the "KIT".
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
williamthedog
Private

Post by williamthedog »

Black Knight wrote:
General Jumbo01 wrote:But their name still holds them back, even though they are now just another Volkswagon!

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Nowhere near like it used to! They were the laughing stock of the motor industry, on a par with Lada, now they make some excellent motors.
I bought a felicia pick up in 99.Didn't have any problems with it in the 12 years I owned it.
General Jumbo01
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Please put this quote in context, ie we were talking about Skoda overcoming their poor reputation pre Volkswagon takeover but you excluded that! That quote is very old!!

Anyway, l'm pleased you enjoyed your car. ;)
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
tankme

Post by tankme »

I thought Myth Busters proved you COULD polish a turd? :)

The Heng Long "premium" all aluminum metal hulls for the Abrams/Tiger/T-90 are actually quite nice paired with their CNC gearboxes. I have the Abrams version and it's much nicer than my Tamiya KV-2 hull. Heng Long is at least making strides to improve their products. Tamiya has remained fairly static in their tech and builds up until the Sheridan with it's revised MFU. I like tanks and really don't care who builds them. None of them are perfect and all have room for improvement.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...

Return to “Hobby News”