Heng Long with a new company name?

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long with a new company name?

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

The name obviously sounds better in Chinese. . . .

As for Skoda, my daughter had one, she'd never want another, it was more trouble than her fiat potato.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

HL has got their name and logo embedded in all of their molds. Do you know how much it would cost to change all of those molds? I really can't see a Chinese company going to that expense just to change their name, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Max-U52 wrote:HL has got their name and logo embedded in all of their molds. Do you know how much it would cost to change all of those molds? I really can't see a Chinese company going to that expense just to change their name, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
Good point. A horrendous expense.

Unless, we can look forward to NEW improved, more accurate models from them.

Or, the name change is just for their more expensive products.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
General Jumbo01
Warrant Officer 1st Class
Location: I'm a Londoner that moved to Essex. Says it all really...:(

Post by General Jumbo01 »

Either way, whatever....New Model!!

They still persist in getting things really badly wrong. A step backwards in my book.

Sent from my ASUS_T00G using Tapatalk
Owner - Fuckleburgh Tank Collection
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

I doubt they'll do any rework of their molds. The new name seems to be more geared towards local consumption, ie, the Chinese market since the literature I saw is geared heavily towards education & club events, something that Hooben had already been focused on for the past couple years.

On a side note, heard over the weekend that Warslug is actually moving a lot of their uber expensive models but its mostly here in China selling to companies for ego-centric display use. Weird place, China can be at times.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

In a lot of ways China is just starting to come into her own. The people are becoming slightly wealthier and their interests can be surprising. Right now in the states a lot of the stuff China exported for sale back in the late 1800s and early 1900s has become collectable and the Chinese are buying the stuff back. That's made prices go way up in areas like pottery and art works.

I heard Donald Sutherland say in some old movie that there's a Chinese saying - May you live in interesting times - and I think today's China certainly is.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

Oh there's always been a lot of money here.. I quit counting how many Bentley SUVs I see now in my district when I drive; even have come across at least a few Rolls Cullinan in the 'hood.

Regarding quotes, my fav was the quote attributed to Napoleon, "China is a sleeping giant. Let her lie and sleep, for when she awakens she will astonish the world."
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I quite like Chairman Mao's comment,When he was asked how the French Revolution had affected World affairs he said "It is too soon to know" !!! :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
Black Knight wrote:Shoulda gone the whole hog and called themselves "New Model Army" (you yoofs might need to Google that one :haha: :haha: )
They're not that old, a bit after my time. . . .
Not that old????

They formed in 1645

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Model_Army
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Were you there in Whitehall to see Charles the first being executed having been captured by Cromwells "New Model Army" then being tried in Westminster Hall ?
I would have put you as a few years younger. :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Hobby News”