1/12 trucks vs 1/16 tanks

The news page threads are posted here. Threads posted here appear as a news article on the news page and on the front page of the website.
mcevoyi
2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/12 trucks vs 1/16 tanks

Post by mcevoyi »

Hi all
I am collection aHP G 802
On Monday.. and looking at getting the trailer .?

Xiaoshan_Sailor
Sergeant

Post by Xiaoshan_Sailor »

To add another scale into the mix, HG just released a very nice 1/10 Humvee which I'll pick up next week at a club event - we were able to score a group buy saving a lot compared to what it sells on the export market. Net weight is over 8kg so there's a lot of metal in the build.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?Mis...ades&id=158799

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tank ... umvee.html
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

Wayne, Could I get some info on the 1/16 or 1/18 WWII US Trucks, etc that you mentioned and posted photos of in this thread? TIA!
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

Son of a gun-ner wrote:
midlife306 wrote:On a side thought, if Will stopped buying them, the whole Chinese economy would collapse lol
Cheers
Wayne
:haha: :haha: :haha: that's really funny :D

Nice truck Wayne :thumbup:
HA HA
I only half half the population of trucks in the UK in my spare room haha lol
I do love these trucks though, but i agree with what Wayne says, we like to use them as a base to make more different builds. Now we have 3D printers we can make what we want, i LOVE IT

Those trucks builds are top notch btw ;)

PS i have all the files to make a HEMTT in 1/16, so watch the space
HL camo E' Tiger
HL L' Tiger
M26 Pershing WW2 project
Tam K'Tiger project
HL Walker Bulldog project?
HL Panzer IV Munitionsschlepper für Karl-Gerät
HL Sherman project?

1/24 Leopard 2 Custom mod

2 many trucks to list!
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by midlife306 »

I’m watching intently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi they now make the crane for the back of truck looks like its 4 channel and works https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HG-1-12-Lift ... SwpKRdg1AF

regards pete
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I bought one of these, and would say a couple of things. They are well built, all metal transmission and chassis, and it weighs a ton. The 550 motor is very powerful, and the 3 speed box gives it crawler speeds and trail running capability.

The 10 channel stick tx is not easy to use when driving and steering. I swapped mine out for a 3 channel trigger tx, much easier to control now. The 10 channel only controls the 5th wheel, so unless you have a trailer it's not needed.

None of the axles have diff locks. This reduces the off road ability 'a lot'. The wheels simply spin and lose grip at the slightest bump. The early ones had putty in the diffs, mine just had grease, so I pulled the two rear diffs apart and stuck epoxy in them, easy to do, only a few screws to undo, the axles can stay on the truck. It now pulls like a train. I might do the steering axles, but locked front diffs will put strain on the transmission.

I won't be using a trailer so I built a load bed and crane to produce the recovery vehicle variant.

The ground clearance is pretty bad, off road the diff housings catch on any stones that are in the way. Locking the diffs helped, but I also fitted 120mm rock crawler tyres, these are cheap from China. The standard wheels are weird. They are bead locked on one side but only a push fit into a bead slot on the other. I will see how they will perform. I may need to either glue one side, or buy 8 crawler rims. The standard tyres are an odd design and will not fit standard 1.9" crawler rims, the bead diameter is too big.

It eats batteries. I use a 5000mah 3S Lipo, and always take two as you really do not want to carry this back to the car. 8O , due to the way that the battery fits I cut the top off the compartment so that I can remove the magnetic load bed and remove the battery in seconds.

I stuck an ESS sound system in it, but may swap this out for a Benedini mini clone as the sounds are slightly better.

Nice truck, great if you just want to run it on smooth grass or tarmac, but needs a few simple mods to take it off road. :thumbup:
Attachments
IMG_20190925_095002.jpg
IMG_20190925_095011.jpg
IMG_20190925_095027.jpg
IMG_20190925_095042.jpg
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “Hobby News”