New Moderators & Gallery

News and Announcements from RC Tank Warfare will be posted here. Also, this board contains the forum rules, please make sure you read these rules before you post.
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

New Moderators & Gallery

Post by Matdragon »

Hi Guys,

I'm happy to announce as some of you may have already noticed, the introduction of two new moderators WibblyWobby and Jackalope. Even though this forum requires little moderation in comparison to most i've been a part of, it's always good to have trusted people watching over things, especially with the ever rising number of members present here!

Another announcement is the introduction of the Gallery, i started building it some time ago however recently acquired the motivation to continue it and get it to a working point where you guys can have a play with it! You can find it in the main site navigation "Gallery". How it works is by reading the "Show off" board and creates galleries from the attachments in those threads. I've included the ability to alter the number of gallery items shown incase people have good / bad internet connections to make it easier to load them. You can sort by name and date too, to make it easier to navigate!
Click on any thumbnail and a popup will appear showing all of the images from that show off thread, aswell as a link back to the original topic. Any feedback from the gallery is greatly appreciated especially at this early stage where more development can be done!

Kind regards,
Matt
wibblywobbly
Major

Re: New Moderators & Gallery

Post by wibblywobbly »

Its working well Matt, even on this old laptop it populates the gallery almost instantly. Excellent job! I might even post a few of my builds in there, I had never thought of doing that before. :thumbup:

Rob
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Unreservedly Brilliant Idea, Well done sir. :thumbup:
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Welcome along Mr Jack and Mr Wobbly.
As ole Kermit eluded to in a song once" it's not easyyyy being greeeeern"
Thanks also to Mr Dragon for getting things sorted and for the new gallery , I'm sure it will be well used.

Moder tank build section next ????!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Thanks guys glad to be able to help out around here. It's such a great forum with so many great people that part of me even wonders why we need mods.
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by jtracks »

Congratulations to you both.
Joe
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Trust me Jack for as long as there are people like me you will need MODERATORS !!
And congratulations to you and Mr Wibbly,
Will you be inspecting our fingernails every morning ? :haha:
Shaun.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jarndice wrote:Trust me Jack for as long as there are people like me you will need MODERATORS !!
And congratulations to you and Mr Wibbly,
Will you be inspecting our fingernails every morning ? :haha:
Shaun.
Fingernails for the honest ranks, cavity for bolshy senior ranks like you !!! :haha:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

All those years ago when I first got into this lunacy my lady said "I hope your not going to get ANAL with this hobby"!!
If I had known about the mischief planned for me by Herman I might have taken up tightrope walking or Jousting,
JACK did you know that the State of Maryland in 1962 adopted it as the individual sport for that year. :haha:
Shaun..
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

As has been said above, this board doesn't really need moderators, we all get along nicely which is how it should be. We all share the same hobby, and share an interest in each others builds etc, so it's an easy life as far as I am concerned. We have mutual respect even when we disagree, and long may it continue.

If we can encourage the thousands who visit the site to become more actively involved in forum discussions then we will have a very lively community, where everyone is free to have their say, and that extends globally. I think its great that I can talk to someone on the other side of the planet and know that they are trying to glue the same pieces of plastic together that I am. :haha:
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1

Return to “News and Announcements”