Barbarossa Books

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Saxondog
Captain

Barbarossa Books

Post by Saxondog »

Hello Everyone,Rob ( Harlequin) posted a link to Barbarossa books in a thread a few days back,this is a vender who I contacted and discussed the books he offers and after some discussion and wanting more books than I could buy I would like to recommend Russell Hadler
@ Barbarossa books as the go to place for many of the books we find so helpful in our hobby.

His prices are very reasonable and if their is an issue you have a contact person to speak to and resolve any issues, also supporting local small business seems to be the best travelled road in this world of Internet stores.

http://www.barbarossabooks.eu/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best Regards,Blake
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Barbarossa Books

Post by [ICE]monkey »

ive used him before , im still waiting for a book to arrive, only been seven months, he said he had it in stock , but he didnt , ive rang him twice and cant remember how many emails ive sent , i keep being told hes waiting for a order , still it might come one day
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by littletankman »

Hi I bought the Pak40 book from them came within 3 days and cost a lot less than most other book shops.

Andy
harlequin
Recruit

Post by harlequin »

further to my post in another section ,i regretfully must withdraw my recomendation of this company after several phone calls and lots of promises my book has failed to arrive i asked today for a refund of my money as the vendor, after repeated promises of a delivery date can now no longer tell me when i can reasonably expect to receive my book blaming repeatedly the royal mail for his problems a note of which he has posted on his site .he also states a 28 day or more delivery time depending on the book which again is fair and reasonable, but when i first rang him he stated to me that he had 50 plus copies of this book in stock and i could expect it in under a week when this came and went i rang him again and was told he would post it himself by standard mail and it would be with me by tuesday this week at the latest ,it is now wednesday the post has been and no book i have just got of the phone with him and he now states my book is somewhere in a huge backlog of books he is trying to send but royal mail wont let him ? so he has no idea when i can expect it he also told me that he would e mail blake asking for the vendor recomendation to be removed .i will leave it up to blake as to what happens now .as a new member i posted his site on here in good faith as he seemed a genuine guy but made promises to me that he could not/did not keep.I am not saying dont buy from this man i am sure he has lots of satisfied customers but i feel i must post what happened to me as my name is attached to this recomendation .but this is just a heads up on what could happen, just as a further to my point the book i tried to buy from him is "Modellers guide to the tiger tank" by p stansell in paperback the price i paid was £20.00 plus p&p once a vendor recomendation was posted on this site the book is now listed at £30.00 make of that what you will .all the best Rob
Iron Will
Nerves Of Steel
Knob Of Butter
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

hi rob, thats the same runaround he gave me :(
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Seems their are issue here that seem unresolved. MBI Publishing is working on the E-BOOK program. When ready we will have a link to their inventory, they have expressed that if we want a certain title to e-mail the title and they will load it for the E-Book program.

I will be posting the link tonight. As for Barbarossa books as has been told to me their are two sides to every story,and let me be clear my only concern is for this forum,if this guy is not keeping his obligations then blacklist him. I have received an e-mail from him,and he seems to have a different view.

But rather than start a finger pointing negative situation I would suggest that Cliff deal with this in which every method that he believes is best. If the e-mails from Barbarossa are needed here I will post them. Bottom line if their company does not want to be committed to the members here perhaps MBI does.

Saxondog
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people

Return to “Recommended Vendors”