MATO Toys

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: MATO Toys

Post by ALPHA »

MichaelC wrote:Painless,

They don't have a store front and won't let folks like myself do pick up to save the shipping. They used to charge $40 Cdn which is quite a bit but now is less of an issue as they seem to be only charging flat $20/$30. The only reason I even know where they are is because of the return shipping address. On their website it is simply a PO Box in the area.

MichaelC
No store front? Man I had imagined they were quite a big operation...It's kind of sad... because online stores like this can easily kill the hobby ..I'm glad I didn't order anything on the third stage of their sale ... this is rather bothersome

ALPHA
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Horses45 wrote:You would think that local pick up would be easier for them ? But sounds strange they won't let you but what do I know but I'm not to impressed with the service at the min just glad I paid by paypal ? , still no reply to my email question after 3 days so I think it's time to open a case. I don't mind if it was a weekend or holiday but normal week as far as I know !!, unless someone near them could tell me different ?
Not to make excuses for them, but we (most part of the Greater Toronto area) did lose all power for up to 8 days over the Christmas holidays from an ice storm, and then the polar vortex and we just finally getting back to single digital below zero for the first time in a week. It has been brutal here.

By the way, did you use their website or eBay ? They used to be much better on the website than eBay. Just curious.

MichaelC
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

I used their website Michael and just received an email today after sending them one ,they told me the tanks were returned to them by the post company for having the batteries in with them then they tried sending them with the batteries in the tank but they were returned so now they say a week for them to get here and the batteries will be coming separately .but at least they have told me but considering it was ordered before Christmas I'm not to pleased but a lesson learnt.will be looking at suppliers closer to home in future.After they had been paid the money and took it then asked what I had ordered makes me think twice about them but won't put them on the blacklist but won't be ordering from them again just hope them tanks are ok after all this :problem:
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Hope everything turns out O.K. for you horses.

I can second what Michael said. It was a great big mess here for a week around Christmas from an ice storm with power and internet outages all over the place. The other thing is last time I checked they are pretty clear that they answer e-mails in 2 business days and if you add in where you are and the time diff then 3 days is not unreasonable in my opinion. BUT if you want pristine customer service I agree, stick closer to home and the recommended vendors on here are great. We deal with them too even over here because they are so good. Mainly for parts of course. It is pretty tough for us not to buy tanks local...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

MichaelC wrote:
Horses45 wrote:You would think that local pick up would be easier for them ? But sounds strange they won't let you but what do I know but I'm not to impressed with the service at the min just glad I paid by paypal ? , still no reply to my email question after 3 days so I think it's time to open a case. I don't mind if it was a weekend or holiday but normal week as far as I know !!, unless someone near them could tell me different ?
Not to make excuses for them, but we (most part of the Greater Toronto area) did lose all power for up to 8 days over the Christmas holidays from an ice storm, and then the polar vortex and we just finally getting back to single digital below zero for the first time in a week. It has been brutal here.

By the way, did you use their website or eBay ? They used to be much better on the website than eBay. Just curious.

MichaelC
Yes ... I forgot all about that polar vortex... I spoke to a friend who lives in Ontario .. and she reminded me of it... so replying in a timely matter would be difficult for them...but if you set that aside their system of reply still needs work IMO ...most sellers reply within 24 hrs ... Mato takes 48 a little unreasonable if they have a sale that lasts 72...reason I didn't order anything on the last stages of their sale

ALPHA
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

48 hours is unreasonable, WOW! glad I'm not your supplier!!! :haha:
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

dgsselkirk wrote:48 hours is unreasonable, WOW! glad I'm not your supplier!!! :haha:
:D It's my money... I want my parts now! :haha: ...not to mention.. once you got my money... you better reply :haha:

ALPHA
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

I got to agree customer service is the key to being successfully either if you big or small, if I get good service the chances are your going to keep going back !!
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Somebody should set up a business school based solely on the best practice demonstrated by Steve of WDM and Dave FORGEBEAR you couldn't go wrong. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

jarndice wrote:Somebody should set up a business school based solely on the best practice demonstrated by Steve of WDM and Dave FORGEBEAR you couldn't go wrong. shaun
I SECOND THE MOTION ! :thumbup:

Return to “Recommended Vendors”