Recommended: AAF (American Armoured Foundation)

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Recommended: AAF (American Armoured Foundation)

Post by xrad »

http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I highly recommend AAF. Natasha and Karen are VERY fast on email replies and SUPER fast on USA shipping. Order Monday and have by end of week. They will let you know if items in stock or not right away.

I bought many Tammy parts like sprues and motors from them. They seem to have fairly deep stock of tammy parts. For example, I was able to get 5 road wheel sprues for P-IV without a problem. Some item are a little high priced like P-IV upper/lower hull, but everything else is close to what you pay or less than on ebay. And shipping in USA is much less from AAF.

They also have a huge indoor RC tank battlefield.

http://www.aaftankmuseum.com/Battlefield0204.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
magmer
Lance Corporal

Re: Recommended: AAF (American Armoured Foundation)

Post by magmer »

Hi xrad, just had a look at their parts list and it looks excellent. If they ship to the UK that will be great, I ordered the C sprue for a Tiger 1 over 2 months ago from a company in Arizona and despite their reassurance that it has been shipped there is no sign of it yet. I will give it another month and then order from the AAF. Thanks for the info magmer.
xrad

Post by xrad »

I think the arizona company is Tamiya town..if so..they sometimes take a while (two weeks for USA shipping) I try to use other vendors.

As for AAF, yes they do ship all over the world..but I don't know costs involved. I just order tammy parts from AAF from now on....

Cheers
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I must really praise the girls at the Museum, I have looked everywhere for the intake hoses on the FEIFEL air cleaners on my Tiger S13 Early version, The page in the manual does not give the part number, well Karen found the number and stocks the parts. Within 30minutes today with her fast service the parts are on the way.

I would recommend this vendor for Tamiya parts, fast service and they know the Tamiya Kits very well. Saxondog
magmer
Lance Corporal

Post by magmer »

Hi all, my Tamiya Tiger 1 is nearly complete but I am still waiting for the Glacis plate after ordering twice over 3 months from Tamiyatown in the States. However after reading about The American Armoured Foundation by Saxon Dog I ordered the metal stays kit for the turret and the package arrived this morning in less than a week Fantastic AAF!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
Whats going on at Tamiyatown ?? :thumbdown:
I know where I am going to order from in future. If anyone has a spare Glacis plate to sell or could let me have some drawings so I can scratch build one that would be great. Thanks Saxondog magmer:wave:
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Your welcome,I was following the advice of XRAD, Karen and Natasha are very professional,they answer e-mails always ship fast and even help out with difficult parts issue that may require them to look into assembly manuals,but they take the time to get it right.

Sax
girltankette
Recruit

Post by girltankette »

Tasha and I would like to express our thanks for the recommendations - we strive to give our customers a good product at a reasonable price with good customer service. You tankers ROCK!!!!
Karen/Girltankette & Tasha
xrad

Post by xrad »

Hi Ladies! welcome to the club(the other club)!!

Cheers from Ohio guy who orders many parts from you!
GreenAmphibian
Lance Corporal

Post by GreenAmphibian »

I also have to chime in on behalf of the girls at AAF. I was up there last weekend and met them during the RC tank battle on Saturday. They are a super group of people and will help in any way they can.

Herman
Death smiles at everyone, Marines smile back!

Return to “Recommended Vendors”