Forgebear

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: Forgebear

Post by Jimster »

I use that’s Taigen base in conjunction with the metal DKLM metal upgrades. Super smooth but three little notches must be cut into the Taigen turret base ring to allow everything to sit flush. Otherwise the three metal turret ring bushings (bushes, shrubbery) hit the plastic Taigen base ring.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

[quote=" Otherwise the three metal turret ring bushings (bushes, shrubbery) hit the plastic Taigen base ring.[/quote]

Bushes/Shrubbery = Hedges :haha: :haha:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

jarndice wrote:Also from Dave I bought an alternative way to a smooth turning Turret,
I have already tried Metal Turret rings with bearings but Taigen make ABS Turret BASES with built in rollers in the base that run easily over the the Tank body with the Turret ring just controlling its direction.
Simply unscrew the original base plate and replace it with the modded version,
By using the Turret Base instead of the Metal Turret ring you can use a 360 degree Turret ring instead of being limited to 320 degrees because there is not a location for a slip ring on the Metal Turret Ring.
I have tried them in Tiger 1s and Panzer 4s both very good. :thumbup:
Have you got a link to one of these?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Max-U52 wrote:Have you got a link to one of these?
In my post above Gary :thumbup:

But here it is again :thumbup:

Taigen Tiger I 1:16 Scale RC Tank Plastic Turret base with bearing
https://www.forgebeartanks.com/store/p1 ... aring.html
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Ludwig von wigbearer
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ludwig von wigbearer »

Thanks Dave and Julie for the parts received today, a service well done :thumbup:
Attachments
P1070231.JPG
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

you are most welcome many thanks dave :thumbup:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Oh, Man! You’re gonna absolutely love that new gearbox! One of the most rewarding, instant gratification upgrades I’ve ever done. :clap:
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hmm................service as a retail seller into the hobby ..............?
What does that look like ?

Ordering(easy, quick to get confirmation)
Communication(frequent, knowledgeable, concerned),
Delivery ( Short of a private jet & looking like Tom Cruise, how the hell can a man get a product to Australia so quick)
Packaging (c'mon, are you taking the piss, how many boxes, newspapers and resilient packing material & bubble wrap can a man stick in one package & not get a good result)

Folks, Im almost in the farthest reach(outside of New Zealand) that the dedicated team at Forgebear can be from a customer base, and the service & satisfaction is a thing other, bigger on line outfits should envy.
Tank arrived perfect.
Under a week from order to arrival.
I cannot get that turn around from Melbourne to the Gold Coast within Australia :wtf:
Dave must be P-R-E-T-T-Y well connected in the area of air freight to pull this off.............. :shifty: :shh:

If it were not for my awful exchange rate, and corresponding catastrophic postage rate, I would get a tank a month from Forgebear Tanks UK.

If any of you are tossing up as to buy or not to buy, just buy it from Forgebear & make it easy on yourself.

:thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
forgebear

Post by forgebear »

why thank you herman
i hope your tank will give you hours of fun to come
thank you for the kind words
dave and julie at forgebear tanks :wave:
midlife306