WCP RC MODELS

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: WCP RC MODELS

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

...and one more from Willi and Catherine:
Jeep 6 RCTW.jpg
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Fri May 14, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Looks like some quality engineering went into that model. I know my Kubelwagen is tough as nails and that Jeep certainly looks solid as a rock.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

More pics of the "Truck, 1/4 ton type, 4X4"...

Note that this little guy has a full frame just like the real ones.
Jeep 14 RCTW.jpg
Part of the fun will be the instrument panel and the dash markings. I am thinking that Kilroy might have to show up somewhere, too. That's a figure my father, (WWII, Signal Corp., Master Sgt., South Pacific) taught me to draw :thumbup: I still miss him after 33 years, as many of you probably understand.
Jeep 16 RCTW.jpg
:(
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

I did not want to start another thread for a few pictures of some simple painting. (O.K., it looks simple, but it turned out to be a matter of priming, finish coats, touch ups, and details, all with the help of an airbrush to get into all the nooks and crannies or crooks and nannies.) This is Will and Catherine's German WWII 8KW generator and 60 cm. searchlight. Any photos I found of original or restored units were in Dunkelgrau, so Dunkelgrau it is. I still need to get a 1S LiPo, and/or some JST connectors, but I try to get together a big list before I make the 60 mile round trip to my not-so-local hobby shop. I still need to tone down the blue by covering it with clear "lens maker."

Generator Panel 1.jpg
Generator Panel 1.jpg (332.29 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
Searchlight 1.jpg
Searchlight 1.jpg (328.81 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
I wonder if there are some figures that might suit this little searchlight combination. :think:
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

That looks great, thanks for sharing :)

We haven't as yet got figures that suit it, but i reckon we might be able to modify a Flak gunner in sat position a little to maybe look ok. Leave it with me and will talk to Will what can be achieved

I know he is working on a 1/6 version of both of these currently.
Remember on the searchlight the feet can rotate and alter the height so it can be levelled for un-even ground ;)
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Yes, at each coat of paint, I made sure the foot pads would free up to rotate. This afternoon I filled the lenses over the gauges with a product called Crystal Clear. I'm on the lookout for just the right size of black insulated wire to represent the cable on the reel. Little goodies like that are fun.

Return to “Recommended Vendors”