Patches of Pride

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
EAO
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Patches of Pride

Post by EAO »

Hello all,
I just have to give a shout out for Mark Otnes owner of Patches of Pride located in Urbana, Illinois, USA. If you want anything for 1/6 scale figures Mark makes it. Patches, decals, arm bands, vehicle parts, diorama stuff, and custom jobs. Lots of cool stuff to look at. If you've ever had a G.I. Joe, this will bring back the memories. Some amazing rare stuff that I never knew existed as a kid, and some rare stuff that I remember my friend's had. Wonder what ever happened to all those things...broken, melted down, sold at garage sales?

Mark is super cool, and very easy to deal with. He is a family man with obligations so turn around time is 3 to 4 weeks, he states this up front. Well worth the wait. Check it out.

Regards,
Eric.

P.S. And I thought some of us tankers take things a little far... just kidding!
"You can always tell a German, you just can't tell him much." Anonymous.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Patches of Pride

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Thanks for the shout out :thumbup:

Did you mention GI Joe, known as action man in Britain. . . .

phpBB [video]
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
EAO

Post by EAO »

OH MY! I never heard of Action Man before. It's pretty early to be laughing this hard! I love the cricket uniform! I'll have to see if I can find it; but over here in the States (early 1990's I think), there was a tv add for the then newly redesigned Nissan 300Z. If my memory holds, it had Joe, or Action Man, driving a 1/6 scale model of one with a sound track provided by Van Halen. He goes to pick up Barbie Doll. Still makes me smile when I think of it! Awe, Action Man, what a hilarious video...I'll be smiling all day!
Thanks for that,
Eric.

German cars, German girls, German beer, German firearms, German Shepherds, German motorcycles... Not necessarily in that order though!

UP THE IRONS!
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Ah action man, I had the eagle eye version from the late 70's early 80's :D you moved a toggle at the rear of his head and his eyes moved from side to side in a shifty looking manner :haha: him and my evil knievel action figure with bike had some great adventures :thumbup:

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Awesome! Reminds of a crazy show called Robot Chicken which was a bunch of funny stop motion animation skits like that one. Was NOT suitable for children though!
EAO

Post by EAO »

My Wife just watched that video of Action Man and was rolling with laughter! When her laughter subsided she said it's very Village People with an English flair! She reminded me that there was another Joe video in the 90's with a then new Nissan Pathfinder set to Kiss music. I'm sure it's on U Tube somewhere. Reminds me of one of my favorite stupid movies lines : "Musicals are great, they really tell the story of the human condition", or something like that.

All right, I've really got to go to work now,
See you all later,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!
EAO

Post by EAO »

Patches of Pride is no more! :'(

I recently learned that Mark Otnes as of December of 2020 has hung up his shingle as owner of PoP after 22 years. He was the go to guy for all things 1/6 scale in patches, decals, and other accessories. He also had anything and everything to do with G.I. Joe/Action Man figures and their accessories.

I also just learned that many of his creations were featured in the movie "Welcome to Marwen". As usual, I have not seen this movie yet either. :/ :{

He has stated that it was time to start something new called "Otnes Originals", very cryptic and we will have to wait and see what he has planned.

Wishing him the best, he was always great to deal with and had excellent items for sale.

Cheers,
Eric.

UP THE IRONS!

Return to “Recommended Vendors”