ludwigs-hobby-seite.de

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

ludwigs-hobby-seite.de

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I can't believe we haven't got a recommendation for ludwigs-hobby-seite.de.

I finally made my first purchase, a Sherman small hatch cast hull, although his website doesn't support a basket, and you have to email Christian with what you want, for him to send you an invoice. The transaction all went well, and within a week I received my order, although it came early in the morning with the dog waking me up with his protective barking, and the missus stating that I have a parcel from Germany (I got well and truly caught out :{ ). Apart from that which I can't blame on Christian, all went well, and I'm a happy bunny :D

But I had a good story for the missus, said it's for someone else, was just sent to me first to work out how to fit a particular turret of a different make of tank. Now she'll see me sorting out a Heng Long turret rotation system on a Nick Aguilar hull that's produced for Tamiya rotation gear, and she knows I sometimes post stuff off all over the place :D
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: ludwigs-hobby-seite.de

Post by Jimster »

I agree. Absolutely great guy and products. I got my Tiger’s side pod storage bins from him and plenty of Leopard 2A7+ details as well. Highly recommended!
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

What email is current to contact him? And what is quality of that M4A1 hull?
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Kaczor wrote:What email is current to contact him? And what is quality of that M4A1 hull?
This is the right one:
0234234762@t-online.de
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Kaczor wrote:What email is current to contact him? And what is quality of that M4A1 hull?
Did you see the third page of this thread?

Early m4a1 - Page 3 - RC Tank Warfare
viewtopic.php?f=195&t=29635&start=40

The casting is very thick and solid. It needs some cleaning up, mainly in the turret rotation area. It is closer to the correct general shape than the Mato hull. I think the Nick Aguilar cast hull probably has the best shape.
But that being said, this is a cast small hatch.
Like most resin conversions, it will need some work to make it fit, especially to the front transmission cover.

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

Thanks. I've ordered few things from Ludwig site (Elefant parts) and service is very good. Sometimes it takes some time if item is not in stock but anyway it's great. And he sells lots of unique parts and kits.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

[quote="Son of a gun-ner"]I can't believe we haven't got a recommendation for ludwigs-hobby-seite.de.

I think many people have been waiting to see if Chris has fully recovered from the ravages of the fire before getting involved further,
On a side issue I do wonder why the way one orders products from him has to be so different,
A lot of people (Potential Buyers?) ask this Forum how to buy products from him and you can bet good money that a fair few of them will be lost as customers as well as those who don't get as far as asking before moving to another dealer.
In the world of selling on line keep it simple and keep it conventional. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

You say that Shaun, but he was trading for many many years before the fire, and quite a few people had prior bought his products and kits, although they give a good review within their build threads.
Yes, his website needs modernising, but maybe he likes the old fashioned way of being in direct contact with his customers.

Jarlath
Corporal

Post by Jarlath »

I've also bought stuff from him and while I have yet to implement some of the added parts to some of my builds (future builds, aka Leo 2A6M CAN slat armor!) He has exemplary quality for builds. Be aware that building his kits is a long, and arduous adventure as instructions are usually not present (It has been awhile since I bought a kit from there mind you). You need to have a good eye for detail and layout usually.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I have to use the photos on his website for a guide to assembly but the results are always very nice. I always have doubts when I first open the package and wonder how in the world it will go together but no disappointments so far.

Return to “Recommended Vendors”