ludwigs-hobby-seite.de

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: ludwigs-hobby-seite.de

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Kaczor wrote:What email is current to contact him? And what is quality of that M4A1 hull?
The quality is explained and shown on my m4a1 build thread
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
lmcq11
2nd Lieutenant

Post by lmcq11 »

What I can say is that Chris costed me a small fortune over the past 3 years. I purchased at least 14 of his basic kits, 4 of them still unbuilt, and I can tell you I was satisfied with all my orders, but you need to know what you are getting into with a base kit. The BMP-1 is more of a prototype than a developed kit, I would not recommend it to anyone but expert modellers. The Centurion can also be quite a challenge and cost adds up. For guys getting into the plasticard basic kit for the first time, I would recommend starting with the simpler square and lower cost ones, such as the M113, practice and improve your skills before tackling the bigger ones. Once you have mastered the basic kits with planning, building, scratch building and parts scavenging skills, there is almost no way back to regular industry kits because you will be bored with them.

Chris has also fully recovered from the fire because of my recent orders went well. At the time being, Germany stopped parcel shipping to America due to the pandemic but that is not is fault.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Yeah I've been waiting quite some time for an order from him, but I do believe it is because of the shipping problems and not his fault. Just sucks because it is my first order from him, but he has been very responsive to Emails during the ordering process.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
BarryC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BarryC »

I have made several purchases from Chris over the past 4 years and have had no issues. He has always been there if I had any questions.

Like Louis said, you need to be aware of what you will be getting. NO shake the box kits, all IMO are craftsman type kits and will require both modeling skills and proper tooling (nothing expensive) just more than a hobby knife and a drill.

Barry
"Details make perfection, and perfection is not a detail."
Leonardo Da Vinci
Peter W
Recruit

Post by Peter W »

I ordered the Comet back in February and recieved it pretty much when Chris said it would be here, despite turning up at the beginning of the current madness. The communication with him is excellent. The kit is brilliant but as commented you need a bit of experience and some scratch building skills(my tow hitch alone is up to 56 parts and counting !). My only minor thing to say is that there is no list of what you actually get parts wise with the "Basic" kit. I was a fair way through the hull build when I felt something was missing. With the help of Roy's excellent build log and the slightly vague instructions I emailed Chris and he sent the missing parts without fuss.

Highly recommended,

Peter
HL/Taigen Tiger 1 mish mash in progress
HL Super Pershing in progress
HL M4A3 105mm
Ludwig Comet
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

Another recommendation for Christian's fine products from me. In trying to modify the Mato large hatch hull to the small version, I needed a reference point. Christian was willing to sell me just the hatches themselves, rather than the full hull kit that he advertises on his site. It must have been extra work for him with only a small profit, yet he did it willingly. Danke!
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Those small hatches as I understand are bought in from mk modellbau
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
chris3
Staff Sergeant

Post by chris3 »

hi

i was searching here in the forum for some stuff to help a frind...as i found that post.
what should i say... just thank you for all your nice words for me here.
like always, if you guys have some trubel, some questions, some missing or destroyed parts, just let me knew i will be there.
we are a small comunity so i normaly use the short way of comunication... some discriptions are short or do not exists because the part you want noone want bevor so i but not much work in for an instrucktion... but if there is a question i mostly can answer with a photo bomb ;-)

the way you need to order at me is diverent because my kind of buisnes is diverent... i do with my kits suporting for modellers... these guys mostly knew what thay need... other guys wich are around with a fast finger in the internet will buy stuff thay will not understand when thay open the box... i gues more than 50% will take thair money back.... and my recomendation here wouldn t be so nice as it is now... and the guys i realy need for my buisness, you guys here... would maybe afraid of me. so maybe that way is the best for that special service expecialy in that fast internet days today.
but i often thought about that too... but didn t find a good way to handel it.

i wish you guys a nice sunnday, i will have, thanks to you

cu christian
http://www.Ludwigs-Hobby-Seite.de

-www.hitechcreations.com-
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Christian,

Did you ever make an M59 APC kit out of styrene?
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
chris3
Staff Sergeant

Post by chris3 »

hi

not yet but should be no big deal :-)

cu christian
http://www.Ludwigs-Hobby-Seite.de

-www.hitechcreations.com-

Return to “Recommended Vendors”