Happy Christmas.

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
jarndice
Colonel

Happy Christmas.

Post by jarndice »

My sweeties came today along with a pair of gearboxes and output shaft bearings care of www.forgebeartanks.com :thumbup:
Thanks Dave,
A very Happy Christmas to you and Julie :wave:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Happy Christmas.

Post by forgebear »

thanks bud
Merry christmas to you and your family to
dave and julie xx
Last edited by forgebear on Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

People have been saying 'Merry Christmas' since the late 1500s, apparently; but I've noticed the trend lately for folk to say 'Happy Christmas'. :problem:
Whilst I share the sentiment wholeheartedly, something about 'Happy.." niggles the cultural pedant within, Shaun. :lolno: :D Still, If folk said 'Merry Easter' and 'Merry Birthday', a few eyebrows would be raised, along with the freshly charged glasses :D :thumbup:
Gary Crimble!
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I actually did give some thought to the wording of the sentiment,
We have a membership that embraces not only many country's around the world but many and varied faiths as well as those with no beliefs, I decided that the alternatives were Happy Holidays or Happy Christmas, Not Merry as that has in certain circles an Alcoholic meaning, :shh:
Happy Holidays is what it is a bland one size fits all,
Happy Christmas is directed to a specific time of year and a time that all faiths and no faiths recognise to be one which has peace and love at its centre so that's my story and I am sticking to it,
Happy Huneker/Christmas/Holidays/Whatever. :haha:
This particular greeting was aimed specifically at Dave and Julie in thanks for yet another year of faultless service to our community as I had already covered the wider membership with my Jingle Bells thread. :thumbup:
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

merry christmas to you all
we would like to thank all our customers for their support in 2019 has been a good year
we hope you and your family's enjoy the break
once again
thank you all very much

dave and julie xxx :wave:

Return to “Recommended Vendors”