Imex now carries trucks

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Imex now carries trucks

Post by Max-U52 »

Hi Guys, just to let everyone know, Imex in Florida now has a complete line of trucks, and they will soon have parts in four different categories, electronics and batteries, tires and wheels, stock replacement parts and metal upgrade parts. This should be a good source for our U.S. members, since shipping across that puddle can get pretty scary. Here's a link to the truck section, and Erik has promised to let me know when the parts section is fully operational (right now it just says parts are coming soon and shows the categories of parts).

https://www.taigentanks.com/military

I'm pretty sure Imex offers free shipping on any order over $75 USD so that also helps. I can see myself getting a lot of parts here, and it should be much quicker than ordering directly from China through someone like Aliexpress.

Note to the Moderators: If this thread is in the wrong place please correct that for me?
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: Imex now carries trucks

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Seems ok to me Mr 52.
And that is good news for all of us.
More options for supply of things we need is always a good thing.
How are they priced in comparison to other outlets ?
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
This _is_ good news. I've been bugging the Spouse for one of their Jagdpanthers and \or an Asiatam Maultier. The free shipping over 75.00 is a powerful incentive.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

After further conversation with Erik, it turns out these trucks are going to be much different from what we're used to. They have a new board in them, so you can use the stock truck and the stock controller and you can turn the headlights on and off, it's got Provisions for turn signals, a horn, it's got a place to plug in the two-speed gearbox, and it has backup lights and it comes with a sound system. All of this controled from the stock controller. Erik and Bill for some reason decided they were going to send me a brand new Jeep as a Christmas present, and of course that totally made my day. I know it's being shipped today, so hopefully by the weekend I'll be able to do a box opening video and go over all the new features on the new truck boards. At first I thought the prices at Imex were a little high, but given all the features that have been added it seems like a pretty good deal.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

It appears I've made a small mistake, the trucks won't have a horn, it turns out that horn is Chinglish for speaker. I saw the port on the board marked horn and thought it was for a horn, but it's actually for the speaker. Also, these boards will not be stock in the trucks, they will be an upgrade, but I'm told it only takes about 5 minutes to swap one out. I'll post more information as I get it, but I'm kind of excited about this new board. I think for a lot of stock projects it will be pretty cool and will save me the trouble of having to upgrade everything to hobby grade.
mutt71
Lance Corporal

Post by mutt71 »

This is great news! Now I will have a place to get my much needed DUKW parts. Congrats on the Jeep, that was very nice of Erik.
HL Snow Leopard Pershing PRO
HL Panzer III X2
HL Panther G
HL Stug IIIG PRO X2
HL Sherman PRO 105
HL Panzer IV
HL King Tiger PRO X2
1/16 DUKW Hull
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

phpBB [video]
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Will these new boards work with the JJRC type plugs for motors, lights, etc? ( might be a huge time saver )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

They should be completely plug and play, but you might have to add the LEDs for turn signals. The kit from Imex even comes with a speaker.
Ad Lav
Captain

Post by Ad Lav »

Nice video :)

Been a fan of these little jeeps for a while but the toy like running and weak motor puts me off. Look forward to the upgrade board!

Return to “Recommended Vendors”