Imex now carries trucks

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.

Postby Max-U52 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:40 pm

Hi Guys, just to let everyone know, Imex in Florida now has a complete line of trucks, and they will soon have parts in four different categories, electronics and batteries, tires and wheels, stock replacement parts and metal upgrade parts. This should be a good source for our U.S. members, since shipping across that puddle can get pretty scary. Here's a link to the truck section, and Erik has promised to let me know when the parts section is fully operational (right now it just says parts are coming soon and shows the categories of parts).

https://www.taigentanks.com/military

I'm pretty sure Imex offers free shipping on any order over $75 USD so that also helps. I can see myself getting a lot of parts here, and it should be much quicker than ordering directly from China through someone like Aliexpress.

Note to the Moderators: If this thread is in the wrong place please correct that for me?
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby HERMAN BIX » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Seems ok to me Mr 52.
And that is good news for all of us.
More options for supply of things we need is always a good thing.
How are they priced in comparison to other outlets ?
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby PainlessWolf » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:59 pm

Good afternoon,
This _is_ good news. I've been bugging the Spouse for one of their Jagdpanthers and \or an Asiatam Maultier. The free shipping over 75.00 is a powerful incentive.
regards,
Painless
PainlessWolf
Major

Postby Max-U52 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:01 pm

After further conversation with Erik, it turns out these trucks are going to be much different from what we're used to. They have a new board in them, so you can use the stock truck and the stock controller and you can turn the headlights on and off, it's got Provisions for turn signals, a horn, it's got a place to plug in the two-speed gearbox, and it has backup lights and it comes with a sound system. All of this controled from the stock controller. Erik and Bill for some reason decided they were going to send me a brand new Jeep as a Christmas present, and of course that totally made my day. I know it's being shipped today, so hopefully by the weekend I'll be able to do a box opening video and go over all the new features on the new truck boards. At first I thought the prices at Imex were a little high, but given all the features that have been added it seems like a pretty good deal.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Max-U52 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:04 pm

It appears I've made a small mistake, the trucks won't have a horn, it turns out that horn is Chinglish for speaker. I saw the port on the board marked horn and thought it was for a horn, but it's actually for the speaker. Also, these boards will not be stock in the trucks, they will be an upgrade, but I'm told it only takes about 5 minutes to swap one out. I'll post more information as I get it, but I'm kind of excited about this new board. I think for a lot of stock projects it will be pretty cool and will save me the trouble of having to upgrade everything to hobby grade.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby mutt71 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:44 pm

This is great news! Now I will have a place to get my much needed DUKW parts. Congrats on the Jeep, that was very nice of Erik.

mutt71
Lance Corporal

Postby Max-U52 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:46 pm

phpBB [video]
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby PainlessWolf » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:28 pm

Good Morning,
Will these new boards work with the JJRC type plugs for motors, lights, etc? ( might be a huge time saver )
regards,
Painless
PainlessWolf
Major

Postby Max-U52 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:10 pm

They should be completely plug and play, but you might have to add the LEDs for turn signals. The kit from Imex even comes with a speaker.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Ad Lav » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Nice video :)

Been a fan of these little jeeps for a while but the toy like running and weak motor puts me off. Look forward to the upgrade board!
Ad Lav
Lieutenant

Postby Tiger6 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:34 pm

If you scout around Ebay, there are upgrades options available using 180, 260 or 380 motors available :thumbup:

I've just ordered a metal geared JJRC (i.e. with diff's) upgrade set from Amazon, hoping they will give us some serious grunt for an M19 project B|

Tiger6
Sergeant

Postby Max-U52 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Now to find a driver. I've always thought there's something wrong with a vehicle going down the road with an empty front seat.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Max-U52 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:31 am

So here's what the jeep tires look like on an M35.

phpBB [video]

Not perfect, but it's nice to be getting more options. I may use these tires on the tanker trailer that will be behind the tanker truck.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Postby Roboticus_Prime » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Man, I need to get caught up on your YT. I've been wondering about those tires for a while now.
Roboticus_Prime
Corporal

Return to Recommended Vendors