Horizon Hobbies excellent customer servic

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
percy1510
Corporal

Horizon Hobbies excellent customer servic

Post by percy1510 »

Hello everyone
havent posted for a few weeks because I am between tanks. The reason I am posting is because I have just recieved some outstanding customer service and I think we are all quick to post when we have been let down in some way by a supplier so I think this bit of customer service par excelance should be mentioned.

I have a Spektrum DX5E radio set that was origionally fitted inside my Tamiya Tiger 1. I have removed the radio because I have a friend into RC planes and he is going to teach me how to fly so I went onto good old ebay and got myself a cheap plane that just needed radio gear fitting. Last Friday night during some work on the plane I knocked my DX5E transmitter of the table and it landed face down on a hard floor (OOPS ???). When I picked it up, both the control sticks had gone back into the case and there was a lot of rattling from inside the case. I took the thing to pieces and put everything back together as best I could including some re-soldering of various damaged wiring. Of course when everything was put back together nothing was working. I telephoned Horizon Hobbies on Monday of this week and spoke to a guy in the repairs department and told him my sorry tale. He said "send it back and we will fix it", I said "ok how much is it going to cost", he says "nothing mate". I explained that the damage was totally my fault and that I had attempted to fix it but he still said that was ok and I should send it back for repair. So I sent it back 1st class on Monday afternoon and here we are on Thursday and my radio has been returned as good as new with an invoice for £0.00.

Now you can't fault customer service like that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Horizon Hobbies excellent customer servic

Post by tiger205 »

Wow! Now that is good. Its great to read there are some honourable companies out there and that is really impressive customer service Image

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
percy1510
Corporal

Post by percy1510 »

Only problem is that I will probably end up crashing the whole thing into a tree or something  ;D ;D
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

Don't think they will repair the plane
great service on your radio it is a pity that more sellers and shops don't offer a service like that

Return to “Recommended Vendors”