Tankzone

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.

Postby abrad » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:57 pm

Having just purchased a Heng Long 1/8 scale Tiger 1 from this company, I need to state how good the service is that I have received from them. Not only did they meet the best internet price I could find, they proceeded to beat it by some 10%. Heng Long then sent the tang to Tankzone instead of my address and so Tankzone are delivering the tank themselves Tomorrow (Sunday) to me. That's service to shout about. ABRAD

abrad
Recruit

Postby HERMAN BIX » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:16 am

That’s great, let’s see pics when you get it!
Mind you, at the price of those particular tanks, I would expect delivery by a suitably attired Taylor Swift !!!
HERMAN BIX
Major

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:19 am

But you haven't received it yet?
And therefore haven't tested and checked it over.
I'm sorry, but you can't praise a service before you actually receive that service.
This is like writing a good review for a pizza delivery before it has turned up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for you with your purchase, and I hope it's all that you hoped for when you get it tomorrow.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby midlife306 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:19 am

I hope it arrives tomorrow in one piece, luckily you possess the skills to repair it if the worst happens.
Good luck
Wayne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
midlife306
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby Xiaoshan_Sailor » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:06 am

What I don't understand is the need for their need for the builder plate fixed to the front corner? I guess hubris uber alles. Other faults in the photo can be easily corrected with a grinder.

heng-long-panzermodel-metall.jpg
Xiaoshan_Sailor
Corporal

Postby abrad » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:12 pm

Well it has arrived, at lunch time as promised, intact, undamaged and working (Taylor Swift was dressed in a tank commanders uniform) ;) . I am very impressed with the quality of build my Tiger is Number 48. The build plate (maybe they have been looking under Aston-Martin, RR bonnets) is only held on with four csk screws. It looks the part and know doubt will be even better when it is painted. First mod is going to be a steerable machine gun. I will post pictures as soon as possible, at the moment I am up to my ears machining some obsolete shot gun parts (pays for expensive tanks) Regards ABRAD

abrad
Recruit

Return to Recommended Vendors