Brass Hinges.

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
jarndice
Colonel

Brass Hinges.

Post by jarndice »

I needed a set of metal hinges for the replacement front fenders on a PZ4 as well as for the Armoured Windshield that I cut out of my WSN/TORRO M16,
I found a Dolls House accessories site -----
www.littlegreenworkshop.co.uk
And typed "hinges" in the search box,
A set of 4 Brass hinges 10mm x 8mm with 4 brass cross headed screws in a pack were exactly what I needed,
Price £2.75,
Not the speediest delivery,
Trust me Dave you have no competition from this site but well packed and absolutely right for the job.
I recommend them.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Brass Hinges.

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:I needed a set of metal hinges for the replacement front fenders on a PZ4 as well as for the Armoured Windshield that I cut out of my WSN/TORRO M16,
I found a Dolls House accessories site -----
http://www.littlegreenworkshop.co.uk
And typed "hinges" in the search box,
A set of 4 Brass hinges 10mm x 8mm with 4 brass cross headed screws in a pack were exactly what I needed,
Price £2.75,
Not the speediest delivery,
Trust me Dave you have no competition from this site but well packed and absolutely right for the job.
I recommend them.
Shaun.
Check in aliexpress, I bought one hundred of them, same size with free shipping for three euros. I used them for the PIV fenders as well.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rad it pleases me that you got such a good deal,
You don't think that telling everyone at the time you got such a good deal would have been more helpful instead of waiting until someone else got a different deal.
I thought that the purpose of the recommended dealers site on this Forum was to alert other members of the details of the vendor and their products and service,
Telling me and everyone else after someone else does it at greater cost indicates one-upmanship rather than helpful and proper use of the Recommended Vendors site.
Surely if you or any other member of the Forum knows something useful then in the true spirit of the Forum I thought we shared.
Shaun.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:Rad it pleases me that you got such a good deal,
You don't think that telling everyone at the time you got such a good deal would have been more helpful instead of waiting until someone else got a different deal.
I thought that the purpose of the recommended dealers site on this Forum was to alert other members of the details of the vendor and their products and service,
Telling me and everyone else after someone else does it at greater cost indicates one-upmanship rather than helpful and proper use of the Recommended Vendors site.
Surely if you or any other member of the Forum knows something useful then in the true spirit of the Forum I thought we shared.
Shaun.
Hi Jarndice. I assume you are angry because you paid way more than it costs so I wont be upset with you. I understand it because it happened to me sometimes.

I also assumed that everybody here knows aliexpress, like everybody knows ebay.

Just in case, Aliexpress is a web where you can find everything you need for just a couple of pennys with free shipping in most cases. The only bad side is the orders takes some time to arrive. This is NOT the first time I speak here in this forum about aliexpress, and I even think I told somebody in this forum to buy exactly those brass hinges, but I might be wrong and I told it to somebody in other forum. You and me are sharing membership in at least other three forums.

As you can imagine I can not open a post for every part that you can buy there (I'd need to open ZILLIONS of posts). You just bought your hinges in the shop you found, but if you ask first where to buy it, I would had told you.

So please dont blame me for telling where to buy it. Blame yourself for not asking us first, or blame the shop that sold you the hinges for having such high prices, but I can not be everywere.

And look the bright side of life, perhaps you paid too much for this hinges, but NOW you know where to buy TONS and TONS of things and save a huge amounth of dough and it will be thanks to the post I wrote you.
Last edited by Rad_Schuhart on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Only thing about Ali is I find it a bummer to search for items..

This is all I found when I searched for hinges.
https://es.aliexpress.com/wholesale?spm ... 2748407689

And Shaun a bone to pick with you..whenever you put a link to something you only put the link to shop never the actual item. I always spend 5 mins looking for it..buuuut at least you do provide a link which in itself is very helpful.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Jake79 wrote:Only thing about Ali is I find it a bummer to search for items..

This is all I found when I searched for hinges.
https://es.aliexpress.com/wholesale?spm ... 2748407689

And Shaun a bone to pick with you..whenever you put a link to something you only put the link to shop never the actual item. I always spend 5 mins looking for it..buuuut at least you do provide a link which in itself is very helpful.
Just write "mini brass hinge" (or whatever you are looking for) at the search bar. It works better when you write in english, it wont be a problem here, I suppose. Lol

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32716865377.html
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Here and with y'all's skills, I was thinking y'all were going to make your own hinges...complete with the proper link spacing and numbering. :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Rad I am not angry just very sad.
Shaun.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:Rad I am not angry just very sad.
Shaun.
Im sorry. :( Hope you are not sad with me.
Max-U52
Lieutenant

Post by Max-U52 »

The last time I checked Carson Law at DKLM had a very nice selection of small hinges at decent prices, but it's been a while since I looked.

Shaun, as much as I love your contributions, it's my screwed up opinion that as long as you refuse to post photos you really have no right to complain about others' lack of input. I think it's totally unfair that you take advantage of all the wonderful photos provided by our members but refuse to provide the same. Of course, that's just my opinion and I'm not trying to start an argument or get myself banned, I just wanted to point out that people that don't contribute fully shouldn't complain when someone else doesn't live up to their standards. We're all human and all have our faults.
When FDR coined the phrase "The Arsenal of Democracy", he was talking about Detroit. Proud to live in the 2nd most violent city in America!!

Return to “Recommended Vendors”