Brass Hinges.

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Brass Hinges.

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Let's just shake hands (metaphorically, of course), keep Calm and Carry on. :shh: :shh: .I'm sure we all contribute in the manner that suits us most; with or without pictorial references. Emoticons can mitigate the lack of facial
expressions crucial to human communication in website chatter, for sometimes it's easy to miss, or misunderstand the tone of a contribution. I should know, having needled a few, and been needled in turn...probably unnecessarily. A wee dig, or a jest can go astray without an accompanying (actual) wink, or facial expression. Anyway, semi-anonymous as we are here, we have much more in common than we might suppose. No need to get brassed off, or unhinged.
Now, who's buying the next round!? (Not from Ale..Express, though..ahem :D )
Last edited by 43rdRecceReg on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
Rad_Schuhart
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

43rdRecceReg wrote: Now, who's buying the next round!? (Not from Ale..Express, though..ahem :D )
You! When I lived in the Uk I drank a couple of Bovrils. I would not say not to one now. :D
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Rad_Schuhart wrote:
43rdRecceReg wrote: Now, who's buying the next round!? (Not from Ale..Express, though..ahem :D )
You! When I lived in the Uk I drank a couple of Bovrils. I would not say not to one now. :D
Bovril? No wonder you moved to Austria, Rad :haha: :haha: I had in mind a 15-year old single malt whiskey (Speyside, preferably..!)
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Dolls house shop. :problem: .............................of course THE first place to look for Tank parts :/

OOooohhhhh, Ive been down this road before, the only Dolls accessories I have around here are Barbie & Frozen :/

Good info Mr Jarndice, sadly, way to far from me to be a starter, but very good to use as a reference.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
OnTrack
Recruit

Post by OnTrack »

I agree with 43rd. :clap: I've found it easy to confuse the intent of text by itself on forums and e-mails because it lacks the context the sender intended. Emoticons may seem silly, but even in business they can make the difference on something being seen as criticism :thumbdown: or a helpful addition :thumbup: to a conversation.

Anyway.. :{ my real question is: "What is the best way to attach brass hinges to plastic tanks in general? And.. are there ways to do it without accidentally gluing the hinges shut 8O :O :S in the process?"
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Hi, I always fix the Hinge to the smaller part first,
For instance attach the hinge to the Fender first then to the Tank body,
Clean the area where the hinge will go with an emery board as well as the base of the hinge,
Apply a smear of Glue to the part that is having the hinge on the area farthest from the hinge point, Do not apply Glue to the Hinge.
Place the hinge in position,
Leave it to dry.
Using a drill bit smaller then the retaining screws thread, Pin vise through the holes in the hinge then screw the retaining screws in place, If you will not be undoing the screws then invert the piece and smear either threadlock or glue on the emergent thread,
Of course if the fix is with a nut and bolt then the same method applies except I would only use threadlock to hold the nut in place not glue.
Job done.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “Recommended Vendors”