Tank-modelbau.de

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Tank-modelbau.de

Post by Arnie_DK »

I thought this was a good vendor.

I ordered on the 1st of February. On the 8th I sent them a message, asking if my order was shipped. They told me my order was out of stock, but would be shipped the following day and I would get a tracking number(that would be the 9th of February).

Its now the 12th of February, and no tracking number...

Still waiting to see if I get my order....
c.rainford73
Major

Re: Tank-modelbau.de

Post by c.rainford73 »

Arnie_DK wrote:I thought this was a good vendor.

I ordered on the 1st of February. On the 8th I sent them a message, asking if my order was shipped. They told me my order was out of stock, but would be shipped the following day and I would get a tracking number(that would be the 9th of February).

Its now the 12th of February, and no tracking number...

Still waiting to see if I get my order....
Arnie I have had very good luck with them even to the USA. I encountered exactly what you are experiencing (maybe it was the distance and language barrier for me) and just when I though all was lost my packages arrived!

I know from my experience you will get your items. The communication is a bit slow to develop but they have never let me down.

Carl
Tanks alot.... :wave:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Arnie Hi, Considering how close geographically Danmark is to Deutschland you would have reasonable expectations of a far quicker delivery, Although my dealings with the German postal service here in England has always been disappointing, :thumbdown:
Once the product finally leaves their border everything speeds up but internally they are desperately slow,
Perhaps its all those little yellow postbuses picking up people and forgetting to pick up the mail ? :lolno:
I order from RC Tank Australia and I never have to wait more than ten days, China is about the same :thumbup: so it has always puzzled me why Germany is so slow.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Arnie_DK
Corporal

Post by Arnie_DK »

I have never had problems with other Vendors in germany before. Dominique from rctank.de once apologizes that the shipping would be slow, due to postal workers were on strike. It took my package 43 hours to reach me!

But I now have a tracking number from tank-modelbau and a new excuse as to why things are running late.

I dont mind delays as unknowns can occur, but really... the least they could do is to inform me on their own.

But it took 12 days to get a tracking number from them. as well as a bit of complaining over the bad review I gave them (they really shouldnt ask me to make a review, before they at least have shipped my order)
philipat
Sergeant

Post by philipat »

Sorry to hear you've had a less-than-ideal experience with them. I've used them a lot and their parts are top notch. Communications can be a little slow and shipping to Okinawa was really slow, but I always got what I ordered. They even customized my PzIV idler adjusters when I found out that they had made theirs for the Asiatam idler and I had the metal Taigen idler. Took some patience, but I'm happy with the results.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Unless they write their own (fake)reviews, or get friends to write them, the 90 or so under 'Bewertungen' are almost exclusively positive. We all have bad days, I suppose, and maybe this was the case here. :thumbdown: I must say, however, the site is nicely laid out, and functions well..that is, easy to negotiate (often an indication of a trustworthy source). What's more, they have some very tasty and unusual bits on offer. That said, though, I've not bought anything from them yet.
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
c.rainford73
Major

Post by c.rainford73 »

A very good experience with Tank Modellbau. Ordered parts from them on the 22nd ( yes I said that correctly) for the Hetzers and my jagdsturmtiger builds and I recieved them today in the post!

I've had good luck with them before, but this has had to be record speed for any shipment from Germany to the states. ImageImage
Tanks alot.... :wave:

Return to “Recommended Vendors”