TANKARMY.COM/OZARMOUR

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

TANKARMY.COM/OZARMOUR

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Going to give the heads up to you guys about TANKARMY.COM albeit they are actually half the world away from you guys!
These folks are in Melbourne Australia & i have spent up large with them.
constant and instantaneous emails(personal as well as automated)advice as to any incompatible parts selections that simply will not work together, and very fast freight & delivery. I got a phone call from them when a big order arrived at home but no one was there to sign for it. The box was returned to the postal depot, phone call made to ensure that I was aware that the stuff was delivered but not recieved, and where to go & get it.
Always got the stuff in stock as is advertised, and seems to have the drop on whats new.

I share my earnings with OZARMOUR out of Brisbane............same quick and efficient service, comms, and stock levels.
It seems to be a tag event between the two as to what I need & when, whos got what & for how much.

These two outfits take the uncertainty out of online purchasing thats for sure.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: TANKARMY.COM/OZARMOUR

Post by ALPHA »

Good to know Herman...see their auctions all the time.. :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Herman,
Good shout out for those guys. I use them both depending on the tank I'm working on. Tank Army has been a huge help rounding up a couple of metal road wheels. idlers and suspension arms for the Pershing. Oz Armor did yeoman's service on the 'In The Mood' build as well.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Magman,
I went and read through their shipping rules and regs. TankArmy ships international but expect to pay for shipping due to weight and VAT. Oz Armor ships international as well but substitutes 3:1 gearboxes on the tanks because they cannot ship smoke oil or batteries. It really pays to read through the shipping chapters on any site. I turn over a lot of rocks looking for parts at times and like any of us, don't like paying 25.00 in shipping for a 9.00 part. Sometimes, tho', it just is what it is. Good luck, Magman,
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

I too have ordered from both and received my goods in good time with reasonable shipping and with the favourable exchange rate a lot of small parts are a good deal...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

So they are two different companies?

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ALPHA wrote:So they are two different companies?

ALPHA
Yes mate, I just wanted to give them both the rap in the same thread.

I got my Tiger Tee shirt from Oz armour and its bloody marvelous by the way.
Both are genuine interested outfits looking to make a living and doing well out of me along the way.
Seems odd that any enquiry about overseas sales would go un answered...............exchange rate etc etc makes it very worthwhile to export.
I would check email coms or junkmail/firewalls etc, just seems strange.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
mike1268
Corporal

Post by mike1268 »

Thought I would give these guys a go what with the Aus $ being about $2 to the £1. So everything is half the $ vaule in £'s which made everything quite good vaule.

Order was placed on 12th April. Got an email confirming the delivery address because the address looked odd to them. So great communication. Order was delivered well packed and all items accounted for on the 20th April, which is fast delivery IMO from Aus to UK.

Only thing to consider if ordering from them is postage was $50 (£25). So I would only use them for large orders where the savings are worth the delivery cost. I did note the delivery charge increased when I put a second set of metal tracks in the backet by mistake, so it is calculated per order.
$50 postage covered the delivery of the following items

Metal gearbox
set of metal tracks
all metal wheels and drive sprockets
metal suspension
led machine gun
improved springs.

Othere then being the other side of the world, a very good vendor IMO.
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Just my two cents....... Tank Army seems to use a very generous automatic calculation so if it gets too high you might just want to shoot them an email to clarified. OzArmour on the otherhand seems much more reasonable right off the web order so it is my preferred AUS vendor.
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi All,
Yep tank army.com tops just ordered my metal wheel set and through shaft and idler's for my heng long ABRAMS. They get back to you straight away with e-mails and the price is great. So will use them again top marks to them :thumbup:. Brian...

Return to “Recommended Vendors”