Re: Another contact if you ever need parts Impact especially

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
madbadger
Private

Another contact if you ever need parts Impact especially

Post by madbadger »

Speaking to my friend Bob at http://www.etoarmour.com/ this is the guy who supplies Impact upgrades, he's a good bloke and very helpful. Some guys at the Nottingham meet were impressed with the slow speed maneuverability of my King Tiger which is running Impact gearboxes and Impact tracks. The tracks are first class. I was speaking to one guy (sorry i cant remember your name friend) but the metal tracks he had for his KT we all tight and he had to 'flex' all of the joints before he could use them. Not with the Impact tracks.

Anyway Bob said he will sort out the import documents etc, to save us all a bit of cash. Have a look at his site, cant hurt, he carries all the Impact, Schumo, decals, P3 parts

Kev
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

I want some KT tracks but the state of the £ means it just isn't going to happen any time soon.  :'(
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

sounds interesting kev, how much would it mean we would save if bob did sort out the import doc's, the late tiger tracks at $138 do sound a good price

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
madbadger
Private

Post by madbadger »

i suppose he would mark it as a gift to get round things (if you know what i mean!!!)

i will ask him, or get you a contact address.

Kev
madbadger
Private

Post by madbadger »

spoke to Bob and he says use his email, just send him a email and ask any questions you like.....like i said, hes a good bloke.....

Robert Herne etoarmor@yahoo.com

regards

Kev
Oddball
Private

Post by Oddball »

Not being funny but welsh dragon models are doing impact products in this country so less postage and offering a forum discount so I know where Iam going to get my T/Us from
just my 2cents
Andy
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

thanks for that kev, i'll give him an email soon

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
madbadger
Private

Post by madbadger »

Yes Andy, i got my Tu from welsh dragon (another good supplier) it was welsh dragon who put me onto Bob when i asked questions about Impact goods. Bob is a friend and has been very helpful with his advice especially when i was building my KT. I know postage is a extra cost, but Bob may have some parts that Welsh dragon may not have, i like the roller bearing set for the KT Bob is offering, i may have a chat about a set.

Kev
welshdragon
Lance Corporal

Post by welshdragon »

Any UK based forum members thinking of buying IMPACT or other products from the US / outside the EU might want to be aware of the following -

1.  Business internet sellers in the UK ( and I think throughout the EU ) are governed by the Distance Selling Regulations.  This means that there is a 'cooling off' period of 7 working days during which a customer can return an item for refund or replacement regardless or not of whether it is faulty.  Even if you do get the same conditions from a seller in the US you will still have the hassle and expense of returning the goods across the Atlantic.

2.  Metal tracks are heavy and expensive to post.  IMPACT Tiger 1 tracks for example weigh approx 1.6 kg ( 3.5lb ).  According to their website, USPS prices for shipping small packages up to 4lb to the UK are -

Global Express ( 1-3 business days ) $86.75
Express ( 3-5 business days ) $46
Priority ( 6-10 business days ) $12.95 ( $41.95 between 4lb and 20lb )

Only the first two options include insurance ( up to $100 )

3.  Goods imported into the EU are generally subject to VAT and sometimes customs duty as well.  Typically IMPACT products are liable to 2.7% customs duty and 15% VAT.  The customs duty is calculated on the cost of the goods plus the cost of shipping and any insurance, the VAT is then charged on top of everything ( so there is tax on tax ).   

4.  Where import duties are chargeable the shipping agent / postal service in the UK will charge the recipient a fee for presenting the goods to Customs.  Royal Mail charge £8 and Parcelforce charge £13.50, regardless of the value of the goods or amount of  import taxes paid.

5.  Any undervaluing of the goods or declaration that they are gifts will not guarantee that import taxes will be avoided, you may still have to pay something, the goods may even be seized and you will have to pay the full taxes plus a fine to have them released.

I hope this clarifies matters,

Steve

BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

thanks for the heads up on customs Headaches, Steve.

Return to “Recommended Vendors”