Tank zone

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Nightrider
Recruit

Re: Tank zone

Post by Nightrider »

Looking at his web site he has no shop and his contact phone number is a mobile but he does have a good looking site although the navigation a bit rubbish and as I am still looking for a tank myself I have been looking at his online shop but it does give me concerns as his billing address is a house in the middle of an housing estate.
Doesn't fill me with enthusiasm to buy from him as it would be hard to track him down if there was a problem but then how many people run online shops now days as its so expensive to open a shop Evan if it's just a unit in a industrial estate.
Still not sure of ordering from him though but then as long as you use pay pal at least you got some cover
Kv1
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Have you been to the BLACKLIST yet ? If not go to the Header on this page and click on FORUM then scroll down to "BLACKLIST" read and take on board what is written there,
What you should remember is that on this Forum we have members who are also dealers who you can absolutely trust,
I offer a small list ----
www.hayaltd.co.uk
Andrew is the main man their, then we have ----
www.welshdragonmodels.co.uk
Steve is the resident hero. And then ----
www.forgebeartanks.com
Dave and Julie are the people you will be dealing with there, Also you can go to ----
www.howesmodels.co.uk
Which is a Toystore in Kidlington, Oxfordshire and their after care service is famous.
If your love of the EU exceeds that of 17.5 million of your fellow citizens then there is ----
www.heng-long-panzer.de
Or another German dealer ----
www.rctank.de
Good luck.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

I have dealt with Tankzone on numerous occasions recently and can assure you that they are a very good dealer. Really quick delivery, I think he also does free postage, and if there are problems they are resolved without hassle. No problems with communications either. I think you will find that quite a few of the dealers operate an online business from home, that is no bad thing as it keeps costs down, and that benefits us, the customers.

With a stock list as vast as the one that Tankzone has, although his registered address might be his home, I would be surprised if he doesn't have a storage facility/warehouse. Either way all that matters to me is that I can order something, it arrives the next day, and if there is a problem then it gets resolved in the shortest time possible. :thumbup:

Any of the dealers that Jarndice has listed are also excellent, along with many German online dealers who can supply parts that we can't get in the UK. Pretty much every dealer in the RC Tank world is a pleasure to do business with. There is one large volume box shifter that I wouldn't recommend, but a little research will tell you which one that is.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Zapper
Private

Post by Zapper »

I brought my first tank, a Torro T-34/85 from Tank Zone after a lot of looking round. The tank was delivered the next day in full working order complete with a checklist. He also sells on ebay under the name of wargamer144 and often his ebay prices are a little cheaper than the website, so if you are worried you have the extra protection of Ebay and Paypal.

I'd recommend him as well.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Morning guy's,

Ordered another £40 odd quids worth with tankzone on bank holiday Monday and all arrived perfect on Wednesday :D I know I may come across as always trying to defend this company but as I've always stated I only discuss my own personal dealings with them, which all have been excellent. One of the main reasons I express this is that we only have a smallish pool in the UK who we can purchase our upgrades from and while there are a couple of excellent traders on this site ' who are my first port of call' they sometimes do not stock what I need so therefore I would not like to see someone being hesitant and miss out on an item that they are looking for just because it is tankzone selling it and feel like they shouldn't deal with them. I sympathise with anyone who has had bad dealings with them but I feel that it is a risk we all take while shopping online, I'm not saying that I would trust them with my house deeds :haha: but I will certainly keep using them for tank bits :D

Cheers, Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
Artyfist
Lance Corporal

Post by Artyfist »

I have just purchased my first tank and I bought it from Tankzone (via eBay) .
The tank was damaged but after a couple of emails a collection was arranged and a replacement sent.
Kin was great to deal with and also sent me a free figure.
I would certainly use them again.
Torro Sherman
Torro King Tiger

Return to “Recommended Vendors”