white ensign models

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
jarndice
Colonel

white ensign models

Post by jarndice »

If you are in to scratch building or just want to improve the look of your build then I cannot praise White Ensign Models highly enough. Visit their website and you will find chains, tread plates , clamps, indeed all the things you cannot find easily elsewhere, and I even trust them to deliver! shaun

Website can be found here: http://www.whiteensignmodels.com/
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
emmasdad
Private

Re: white ensign models

Post by emmasdad »

Really.......not been my experience so far.
Take care...... Gary
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Why don't you tell the rest of us why? shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Do tell! Do tell! As I need some chain and that is a long way to order some from...
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

Ive dealt with White Ensign for quite a few years and have always received good service from them , some of the very obscure items might go on back order but i'll receive an invoice with items sent showing the items outstanding some things take time but Ive always received my orders also they email me when items come into stock so I can pay for them they don't bill you unless its in stock
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?
Abo
Corporal

Post by Abo »

I see no reason in this day and age why companies cannot update their stock to show availability on their web page, I don't care how big or small they are, its good customer service. I ordered four items from White Ensign yesterday as their web page showed no problems with availability only to receive notification this morning that all four items from different companies are NOT in stock. That's appalling customer service and I have informed them that as its a christmas present for someone I'm no longer interested in dealing with them. This isn't the first time this has happened in dealings with this lot, I should have learnt my lesson from a couple of years ago.

I'm having the same problem with Inside the Armour, I enquired three weeks ago BEFORE ordering, about the upgrade set for the TAKOM Renault FT and during that conversation no mention was made that, "due to excessive demand" the item wasn't in stock, it wasn't mentioned on their face book page either so I ordered it and the money VERY swiftly taken from my account. When the item didn't arrive I was told the bull about the excessive demand. It "coincidentally became unavailable during the Telford model show two days after my order. I have no doubt the items were all sold at Telford so why honour my order as he already had my money, I could wait and there were customers to sell to at Telford? He's denied this but whichever way you look at it, not being told before I ordered ( just as a courtesy) or selling my item as my money had already been taken, is, which ever way you look at it, damn poor customer service! I was told it had been sent out this Monday as he only posts on that day, even after telling me he would post it first opportunity he had after receiving the restock, I'm still waiting and will wait till Friday where he will be told, like WE where to put their poor service and give me my money back.

When I look a companies page its generally with a view to purchase, Most companies are great, they keep their stock lists up to date and post very efficiently, If they can do it, I see no reason, if they want our money, why other companies can't do the same.
emmasdad
Private

Post by emmasdad »

Well put Abo........just describes my situation with WEM. The only difference was that I waited 3 weeks, then was told by email reply "however it should be on our next stock delivery which should be with us in the next couple of weeks" making minimum of 5 weeks in total.

Im afraid "should be" is not good enough for me when you have my hard earned in you back pocket so the order was cancelled.
Take care...... Gary
Abo
Corporal

Post by Abo »

Welsh dragon, no disrespect to them as I use them a lot, are not the biggest of companies but their site is always up to date on what is and is not available. Amazon at the other end of the spectrum also inform their potential buyers what's available. If both those companies at the extremes of size can do it then I'm sure all the companies in between can. They won't however, as it means 1) You may not bother ordering from them in the first place if they don't have it in stock which means 2) they won't have your money sitting in their bank accounts accruing interest while you wait. Some don't take your money till the order is fulfilled, fine, but you're still "misled" when placing the order which isn't right. I understand they're running a business but we as customers, mean little.
NickDonitz
Corporal

Post by NickDonitz »

True Abo, just to make things worse I probably bought your FT17 up grade about 4pm on the Sunday at Telford, and now im feeling guilty as I wont be opening it till Christmas as its a pressie to me so sorry :'(
I'm manning the gun's ! Who's driving ?
Abo
Corporal

Post by Abo »

I'm sure you won't worry too much about it, I eventually got mine after being bullshitted for three weeks. NOT a company I will use again.

Return to “Recommended Vendors”