Battleground Models (US)

This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Forum rules
This section is for posting vendors that you would highly recommend for others to use and what the vendors offer.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Battleground Models (US)

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I recently ordered a lot of little goodies from Mr. Pat O'Day who runs Battleground Models out of the Midwestern United States He sells all kinds of detail goodies in 1:6, 1:12, 1:16, 1:18, 1:30 and 1:32, great for dioramas. He went out of his way to keep me informed about the progress of my order and made sure I had ordered the correct radio equipment as might be carried in the M10 Wolverine. I got the goodies, and learned some more, too.
https://www.battlegroundmodels.com/
Last edited by Herr Dr. Professor on Fri May 14, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
43rdRecceReg
Major

Re: Battleground Models (US)

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

A very impressive array of products on display, Prof. This is the first outlet I've seen offering a scale Enigma machine :thumbup: ...and a decent collection of British weaponry
If they'd included a scale teapot, I would have been overwhelmed :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

A brilliant site, Impressed by the various German radios including one for a German 251 halftrack and a full early as well as a late Feifel air cleaner set,
A bit sorry there is no 1/10 or 1/12 American Jeep Radios or a 1/16 American halftrack radio
The range of weaponry is most pleasing what would not be pleasing is the postal charges from the USA to the UK.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

jarndice wrote:A bit sorry there is no 1/10 or 1/12 American Jeep Radios
Those are 3D printed / Shapeways models so upscaling should not be a problem for them.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

"If they'd included a scale teapot, I would have been overwhelmed." Well, here's the overwhelming coffee pot I got to go with the Gulaschkanone being towed away by the GIs in a Jeep: https://www.battlegroundmodels.com/prod ... mos-size-1
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

I recently ordered several pieces from him, and am really impressed with the quality and prices. I bought some Tiger I early pistol ports, a couple of Schutzmutze panzer beret helmets (great for an early StuG), some infrared night vision scopes, (MUCH cheaper than Shapeways), and, for those of you building Oddball's Sherman, he make the correct ANM2 aircraft-type .50 cal machine gun. Shipping was quick and well packaged, and I am glad to know he's in the business! -Mike
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Hi, Sassy! :P I am glad you had good experience, too. I would think the shipping to Hawaii is as expensive as over the other puddle to our UK and European comrades. I know having myself shipped to Hawaii is way beyond my budget.
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I ordered some stuff from him for my Sherman and it was decent for the price.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Herr Dr. Professor wrote:I know having myself shipped to Hawaii is way beyond my budget.
About time you went on a diet then, or fly economy class :/

As for this website, thanks for this, I spent way too much time browsing it yesterday, and can easily make a £200+ order :{
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Did you say 200 pound? :haha: 'Bout right! As to a 200BP order, that's about what my first order was (see the dollar exchange rate 8O ).

Return to “Recommended Vendors”