DODGY TRADER CON MAN

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
john glazbrook
Recruit

DODGY TRADER CON MAN

Post by john glazbrook »

Hopefully the moderators will allow this to be seen, I am new to tanks having been building and flying R.C aircraft of many types including jets, over the years I have dealt with many traders world wide and not once have I ever had a problem. now I am into tanks I have been dealing mainly with dave at forgebear and I have found him extremely helpful and of course very knowledgeable with all things tanks, and I purchased a model from him (a torro leopard) I paid my money and after a wait of about eight days the tank arrived and out of the box I was very happy.
so now I have got the tank bug and scanned through ebay and I see a leopard in desert cameo at avery reasonable price (£487) for a new unused tank, so I sent a message to the seller and after a delay of about four days he messaged me back and said he would drop the price to £459 if I accepted a paypal invoice direct which I did, (bad decision on my part) to my surprise my tank arrived the next day by parchel force, I sent him a message and told him the tank had arrived and how pleased I was with the service. so on opening the box I see that the internal packaging had been opened but there was a note saying that the battery had been partly charged and the smoker filled will oil, on removal of the tank I am shocked to see it was used because the tracks are marked were it had been run, and the hull was badly scratched and had been painted over, on switching the tank on I also found that some of its fuctions wasn't working correctly then i rang this gentleman (I use that term loosely) and left him a message of how disgusted i was with the tank which was supposed to be new and requested that he refund my money, I also offerd him to refund me £150 and I would keep the tank but he didn't call me back but instead sent a text message asking me to return the tank, I then phoned him again (no answer) so I left another message and told him I wouldn't return the tank until he refunded my money, after all I had to pay for the tank befor I received it so I expected the same on receipt of the money I would return the tank. after sending many text messages I have still had no answer from him, his name is mr KIN TSANG. or TANK ZONE / TOYLOFT /WARGAMER and whatever other dodgy buisneses he runs, but one thing is for sure he is a con man, so be aware you tank people be aware of using any of these suppliers.
Last edited by john glazbrook on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tommy tanker :haha:
jarndice
Colonel

Re: DODGY TRADER CON MAN

Post by jarndice »

Kin at Tankzone has owed me £400+ for some years so don't expect satisfaction in the near future. :thumbdown:
I used to make my feelings about Tankzone known on this page quite regularly but the page was erased and a lot of new members had to find out the hard way about people like this.
Last edited by jarndice on Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Yep, looks like you've found all of Tank Zones eBay aliases.

You can still put in a PayPal claim, unless you did something silly, like pay him via friends and family.

And speaking as a Moderator, why would we remove such a post, we have a Vendors Blacklist specifically for tales of woe just like this :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
john glazbrook
Recruit

Post by john glazbrook »

thank you son of a gunner
tommy tanker :haha:
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

The amount of people over the last few days that have expressed issues with tank zone. Has gone up quite a bit
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

That's because some people have been given some extra time for hobbies, and that leads to extra hobby purchases.

I've noticed the forum is getting visits from members who's forum names I don't recognise, which is at the same time as the forum is experiencing a lot more new members. I know this because I check out any new members or unusual non tanking forum names with my finger poised over the ban button, along with my fellow mods. So, it looks like people are finding more time on their hands, either to revisit old interests, or to step up the spamming.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”