Tank zone again

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
Greenford
Recruit

Tank zone again

Post by Greenford »

Hi, before I found this forum group I made a mistake yes I ordered from tankzone via eBay
I had used them before and not had problems, this time I couldn’t order via the website as the ordering section didn’t work still I found them on eBay and ordered my Mato all metal tank, it turned up as expected and painted as well.

I used it twice before a fault developed and the paint started coming off, no primer on, messages sent no reply, I asked for refund parcel force label sent and tank sent back, no messages received back when I asked where my refund was.
Complaint sent to eBay and yes refund sent although via Electronic cheque it took 10 days
All in all very frustrating
Exhibitedbrute
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tank zone again

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Forgebear is the go to guy in Uk for most of our tanking needs
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

Can't comment on TankZone per sa but the Mato all metal tanks are not the best quality, and yes, no primer. Paint chip and you get bear metal.
X82d Pathfinder
Corporal

Post by X82d Pathfinder »

I know Europe, in general, is ridiculously strict on certain paint bt I use SEM Automotive Etching Primer. Prepping the metal for priming is important as well.
You have to make sure ALL oils are cleaned off completely. I suggest going to your local automotive paint supplier for an applicable cleaner and primer.
You won't have those issues if you do.
A Commander has to make vital decision on incomplete information in a matter of seconds, and afterwards the experts can sit down at leisure, with all the facts before them, and argue about what he might, could or should have done.- Sir William Slim
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

[quote="X82d Pathfinder"][/quote]
Error 404 - reading skills not found

Paint pealing off an as supplied tank is not a European legislation problem, its an OEM problem.

We can source quality metal primers over here just fine, the OP's problem is that he paid for a tank that was supposed to be painted, and is quite rightly upset that the paint (applied in china) is falling off.
Greenford
Recruit

Tankzone success

Post by Greenford »

I know this probably won’t interest anyone but I’m chuffed
I had a MATO tank from these via eBay it didn’t work and sent it back, the refund wasn’t forthcoming so after chasing
Reported them to eBay and yes I got my money back all £629 of it
Yes it took a long time to get it, yes it was annoying and yes I could have killed him, but I got my money
See there is hope
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Well done, that is good news :thumbup:
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Stevemcc
Recruit

Post by Stevemcc »

I've got an ongoing dispute with Tankzone over a faulty Clark board.

Emailed them saying i needed to return it and sent it back recorded/ signed for delivery. They had it now for 3 weeks. No reply to multiple emails and phone calls.

Now going to pursue them via Paypal....
Tamiya KT Full Option
HL Leo 2A5
Taigen T34/85
HL PzKw 3/ Stug 3
HL Panther G
HL Chall 2
HL T-72/ T-90
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

This is not going to help you BUT to anyone else wanting to buy a CLARK Board' just because Tankzone is the official UK dealer does not mean you have to buy from that company,
Our own MAXMEKKER will sell you a CLARK board and give lots of free help along with it,
Heng Long.De are another reliable source although the documentation will be in German.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Stevemcc
Recruit

Post by Stevemcc »

Absolutely - I think MAXMEKKER is the way to go. Incredibly helpful chap :)

Clark is also really good to deal with direct too
Tamiya KT Full Option
HL Leo 2A5
Taigen T34/85
HL PzKw 3/ Stug 3
HL Panther G
HL Chall 2
HL T-72/ T-90

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”