unfair blasting of sellers ?

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
wadsworthj
Lance Corporal

unfair blasting of sellers ?

Post by wadsworthj »

Hi All.
On reading the many, comments on this theme, I find that it is not allways the fault of the vender, but more about the
person complaining, and the way that they have approached the matter.
I have dealt with both, "Nitrotek and tank zone", and have had good service, I too have received tanks that the wheels have
been loose,(bad factory conditions and pay are at fault here I think).
On the whole I have had very good service from most of the people I have dealt with.
Read both the good and bad vender posts and you will get a picture that will bewilder and put off the newcomer, and
put the whole tank thing in a poor light.
cut these people some slack. it is not a perfect world.
enjoy your day peeps.
Cheers Wads. :(
tomhugill
Captain

Re: unfair blasting of sellers ?

Post by tomhugill »

wadsworthj wrote:Hi All.
On reading the many, comments on this theme, I find that it is not allways the fault of the vender, but more about the
I have dealt with both, "Nitrotek and tank zone", and have had good service, I too have received tanks that the wheels have
On the whole I have had very good service from most of the people I have dealt with.
Read both the good and bad vender posts and you will get a picture that will bewilder and put off the newcomer, and
enjoy your day peeps.
Nope, the customer is always right. Should we discount the overwhelming experience of other based on your personal experience? The whole point of this is to serve as a warning. I've had only a couple of experiences with tank zone and they were OK, but these were smooth transaction. The mettle of a vendor is when something goes wrong and it seems that the experience of others both nitrotek and tankzone are dreadful.
Last edited by tomhugill on Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
wadsworthj
Lance Corporal

Post by wadsworthj »

Hi Tom.
Thanks for your reply. you seem to have answered my queries yourself, by taking sides, and not looking at the second part of my rant, that is that it is most confusing and off putting to newbys. etc.
However your comment of the test of a good dealer is when things go wrong. is very valid, so thanks for airing that.
please do not take my comments personally. I just felt I had to try and level the playing field.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Model Builder 4 »

Hi all, this discussion has come up before and and on that occasion I gave my experience of my own personal dealings with tank zone all of which have been great, I am not saying that some people haven't been stung by this vendor and can sympathise with anyone who has lost items or money with them as this is not a nice experience but as wads said this could happen to anybody using any company, I agree that the customer service in dealing with problems can be the make or break for dealing with any company, I have had far worse dealings with big national company's customer services and if you look online you will find people more than willing to air their view's on this matter. On my last occasion with dealing with tank zone which was only a few weeks ago I ordered 2 of the same item that was showing in stock, before I had even received an email from them saying that they only had 1 of the item in stock they had already refunded me for said item, this is my sixth dealing with them and while I can only speak of my own experience with them I do say give credit where credit is due,

Lee.
Me ? Addicted ? Never !! :crazy:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

wadsworthj wrote:Hi Tom.
Thanks for your reply. you seem to have answered my queries yourself, by taking sides, and not looking at the second part of my rant, that is that it is most confusing and off putting to newbys. etc.
However your comment of the test of a good dealer is when things go wrong. is very valid, so thanks for airing that.
please do not take my comments personally. I just felt I had to try and level the playing field.
Hi Wads, with most things as a vendor your only as good as your worst transaction/customer experience. Sorry if I was a little brusk, I would say as a newbie looking into other hobbies I look at the worst reviews (if there are a few) and go off that. We're always going to have people with slightly differing experiences but you want to know in the worst case how you will be treated as a customer.
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

wadsworthj wrote:Hi All.
enjoy your day peeps.
And that is why there is a "RECOMMENDED VENDORS" site as well as a "BLACKLIST" read both and use your own judgement as to whether the particular "SELLER" is worth (sic) spending money with.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Glasgowtanker
Lance Corporal

Post by Glasgowtanker »

Sorry Wads

I have to agree with the guys ,if I have a bad experience I am sure I am going to share it with others in the hope that they don't share the same hassle.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Yet some vendors always seem to have good/great comments and service, is it fair to them to be lumped with vendors who are 50/50 at best?

Several examples of excellent service spring to mind with Ian (Tankbear) Christian (Chris3) Dave (Forgebear) Dominique (rctanks.de) Erik (Imex) to name just a few that I honestly can't recall ever having any bad reviews.

Now why is it that these guys can give outstanding customer service every time but some are only 50/50?

If you had a good experience I'm glad they're maybe finally pulling their heads out of their hind parts. But it's going to take quite a few more people taking a leap of faith with vendors who have a bad reputation to erase their well earned spot on the blacklist.

Like Scalawag I'd also rather see you post them to the recommended list, however this is only if you feel comfortable putting YOUR name and reputation behind them.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

Paul, while talking of people trying to defend sellers who are in the vendors blacklist I went back through the recommended vendors list and noticed that while people were writing about their positive experiences with less favourable vendors there was still negative replies made to their comments, I agree some sellers are better than others but everyone is intitled to their opinion of their own experience and this is what I try to share to let people hear of both the good and bad before parting with their hard earned,

Cheers, Lee.
Model Builder 4
2nd Lieutenant

:thumbup: perfectly explained Paul, i agree with your comments and do believe that new members should be told of the good and bad experiences shared by more established members , this is a great hobby and hopefully nobody will be scared off by any bad experiences, it's supposed to be fun and that's why we do it :D

Cheers, Lee.

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”