Nitrotek - the worst ever

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
steve_t
Recruit

Nitrotek - the worst ever

Post by steve_t »

I have just purchased my first ever RC tank, from Nitrotek. Oh my God I wish I hadn't
The 1/16th Challenger from Heng Long arrived but did not work. No smoke or BBs and a wheel fell off
I tried to contact Nitrotek and they have NO phone support.. simply complete a form online and wait 24 hours. 36 hours later and no reply so requested a return and refund. No reply. TOTALLY ILLEGAL due to distance selling regulations. Called them and spoke to some jumped up little spotty kid who cared not about the customer. So what.... they've had your money

I am stuck now with a £300 tank that does not work and have to buy another

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY

Worst experience in online purchasing in 10 years
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Nitrotek - the worst ever

Post by dgsselkirk »

Did you use Paypal?
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
steve_t
Recruit

Post by steve_t »

yes I believe I did, well done, thanks

Just opened a case with paypal
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Might be worth contacting your Local Trading Standards. The Regulations are enforced by the Director-General of Fair Trade and the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). Complaints are made directly to the Director-General and the OFT then investigates infringements, issues injunctions and litigates on behalf of the consumer.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Yup open a case with paypal also how did you put the money into your PayPal account? Credit card? Bank transfer? They should have protection too. Ideally always have 2 back ups in case the deal goes sideways. Mt paypal pulls off of my bank card from my bank account. So I have paypal, my visa card, and finally my bank....1 way or another I'll get my money back!
steve_t
Recruit

Post by steve_t »

Thanks to all your help. I am a newby to the hobby and it's a really bad start. So upset about it. I have bought another tank now, through EBay and Paypal and hope to get a refund from Nitrotek eventually. I have also written direct to Heng Long expressing my anger and frustration.

I did consider buying Tamiya but couldn't stretch to £700.

Maybe also someone knows:
Can I convert my Heng Long Challenger to work with my existing Spektrum DX6 that I use for my planes?
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Steve if when you joined you had gone to the new members site to introduce yourself we would have advised you to go to the "BLACKLIST" :thumbdown: which contains "Nitrotek" amongst others and to then read the "Recommended" Vendors site where you could buy in safety. :thumbup:
Now you have weeks of aggravation in front of you and there really was no need.
Shaun.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
steve_t
Recruit

Post by steve_t »

I never even thought about joining a forum - only after something had gone wrong. My fault entirely but lesson learned
dgsselkirk

Post by dgsselkirk »

Also are plain old HL's really 300 pounds over there??? That's $438 U.S.. Matomart sells them for $199 U.S. even with $100 shipping and 20% duty you would still be further ahead ordering from Mato!
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
Jake79

Post by Jake79 »

noo lol Nitrotek sell the metal tracked gear version for £209, no idea where the £300 came from.
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”