Asiatam

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
Glasgowtanker
Lance Corporal

Asiatam

Post by Glasgowtanker »

Hi
I recently placed a very large order with the above company upon finding that they were not attending the Dortmund intermodelbau show . When I came home to Scotland on Monday the order had been delivered and to my horror whilst opening a large metal Famo halftrack and a resin t34/76 conversion turret in my order had both been substantially damaged. I immediately contacted Asiatam with photographs of the damage only to be offered some spare parts. Although this would be perfectly acceptable for the resin turret, I felt it was not for a €599 halftrack (minus 10% show discount) which would be quite hard to repair and glue. So upon explaining this And asking for a suitable replacement (nothing out of the ordinary in my mind) , I was told it wasn't possible as it wasn't in stock and offered a €20 discount (maybe just me but the mathematics doesn't equate) in between emails being not responded to. I have now had to open a PayPal dispute which is the last thing I want to do to anyone . I hope none of you have had similar experiences and if anyone is able to help (in case I am missing something with the language barrier), your help would be greatfully appreciated.

Michael
frankie
Staff Sergeant

Re: Asiatam

Post by frankie »

I think Gareth(dragon245) also had some shoddy resin parts from them and also didn't get much customer service from them...
remember...it's just a plastic tank... :/
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

In all honesty this is a dilemma that affects all online traders, they send the goods in good faith, then baggage handlers and customs get their hands on the parcels. They open them, and don't repack them properly. They will also pull models apart to check that there is nothing hidden inside. It is for this reason that I won't order anything fragile from outside the EU any more, it isn't necessarily the traders fault, no matter how well they pack it, the intermediaries can wreck it.
The only answer is insured post, and that is not always easy to get.
The Far East think that they are doing customers a favour by putting a reduced value on the customs ticket, but of course, if it gets damaged or goes missing, the customer loses out big time. If they put the real cost on the ticket, customs spot it and the customer gets clobbered for huge fees.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Glasgowtanker
Lance Corporal

Post by Glasgowtanker »

On the whole the other 3 resin conversion kits were very good and the metal side armour excellent but the t34 was a pretty shoddy state. I accept that damage can happen anywhere in transit but I have been going out of my way to offer a fair solution at every turn and I expect the trader could claim insurance from the delivery company whilst I am being offered a bunch of broken or spare parts for my hard earned . Like I say hopefully a solution can be found , but at the moment customer service is non existent and you would certainly have hoped for better after such a large order.
Glasgowtanker
Lance Corporal

Post by Glasgowtanker »

This was from Germany
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good afternoon,
While their Customer Service can definitely up the pace with communication with you, sadly, once you pay them and they ship out, the merchandise is yours. If your shipment is not insured, you are expected to open the claim with the shipping agent. Even then, companies like Asiatam, if they pack sufficiently well, are in the clear as far as they are concerned. Any company that goes the extra mile and replaces damaged goods ( basically for free ) is to be admired but those are the exception, not the rule, these days. Good luck definitely in getting this sorted out. Many of us here in the States have learned the hard way about shipping from England or Germany. Destroyed or just never received ( locked up in shipping somewhere )
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good afternoon,
While their Customer Service can definitely up the pace with communication with you, sadly, once you pay them and they ship out, the merchandise is yours. If your shipment is not insured, you are expected to open the claim with the shipping agent. Even then, companies like Asiatam, if they pack sufficiently well, are in the clear as far as they are concerned. Any company that goes the extra mile and replaces damaged goods ( basically for free ) is to be admired but those are the exception, not the rule, these days. Good luck definitely in getting this sorted out. Many of us here in the States have learned the hard way about shipping from England or Germany. Destroyed or just never received ( locked up in shipping somewhere )
regards,
Painless

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”