Nitrotek - the worst ever

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.

Postby brizo58 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:15 pm

Hi All,
Well I have only dealt with Nitrotek once :D that was to buy my Abrams M1A2.it turned up and it work :haha:. The only cock up by them was they sent me the PRO version at £200 and I only paid £129 for the standard version :thumbup:. So a result there. But I would (NEVER EVER) use them for anything. So stay away everyone. Brian...
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby 43rdRecceReg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:36 pm

This..for the general behoof, is the guy (Omar Farra) who runs Nitrotek...... :shh:
http://doeswhat.com/2012/11/30/intervie ... oter-city/
43rdRecceReg
Lieutenant

Postby PainlessWolf » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:14 pm

W.W.,
It could be amended to "They did eventually resolve the breakage by sending me an entire turret." Truthful and the reader can make whatever they would like out of your meaning.
regards,
Painless
PainlessWolf
Major

Postby siegfried » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:31 pm

interesting , glad I read this before buying from them.

siegfried
Lance Corporal

Postby Tiggr » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:17 pm

I have bought three tanks from Nitrotek.

Each tank was delivered in two days.
Each tank was undamaged and functional in every respect.
Each tank was a Taigen model, mainly metal.

No complaints from me.
Tiggr
Staff Sergeant

Postby Faerie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:07 pm

I just bought my first tank from Nitrotek, not knowing that they were on this blacklist. (I should have joined this forum before !) I only chose them because they are about an hour's drive away, should I have needed to collect.

My first attempt was to buy online, but their site hung when I placed the order. Might be a poorly designed site or something beyond their control, but it doesn't inspire confidence.
Next morning I phoned to check whether they had received the order. I spoke to a very pleasant & helpful lady who checked that my order had not been received, then helped me to place my order verbally. This took a while but went without a hitch, & I took delivery of the tank the following morning, courtesy of their free next day delivery for order placed before 1:00 PM.

My only real gripe is that someone there ought to learn to tape up a box SECURELY, as it was partly open upon delivery. The box had done it's job in protecting the contents but when you spend money with a company you want to feel that they've taken some care & you've spent your money wisely. I'm not convinced of the 'care' part.
I'm not unhappy with what I've got, but I do feel that Nitrotek need to raise their game when dispatching goods by courier.
Faerie
Recruit

Postby Munfred » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Just to update this I bought from Nitrotek Taigen Panthe G great looking tank les thank two weeks ideler wheel came. I contacted Nitrotek that’s when the fun began they immediately came on heavy did I shock it they asked the only thing that was shocked was me. I told them I was using it in the garden and wheel came off and lost grub screw they then said if you were using it and lost
Something the warranty is invalid I didn’t realise I had bought an ornament. This is all for a grub screw. Never go there again

Munfred
Recruit

Postby Albert » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:35 am

I've just been reading on here about Nitrotek.
A couple of years ago, I bought my first 1/16. It arrived promptly and was packaged well. The smoke generator didn't work, the piston wasn't moving and there were no wiring issues. I contacted them and was advised that I needed to put the fluid in! I wrote back that the unit was dead and asked for a new part. Reply there was none. Chased them and never heard from them again. Luckily, a smoke generator is no big deal and neither authentic or much good. I replaced it anyway. The upshot was that my next purchases were not from them.

Albert
Recruit

Previous

Return to Vendors Blacklist