Tankzone

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.

Postby Wardog » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:19 pm

Now my finger has gone into a rage

Wardog
Corporal

Postby Dark46 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:34 am

Am I reading this right Wargamer144 on Ebay is Tankzone?

I bought a Clark board from Wargamer 144 in August. Or so I thought? Yes I paid as you do with my credit card and waited. Only to be told 2 weeks later they were out of stock. So I applied for my money back ,only to get told my PayPal has a problem and they've not been able to refund me! That could be because I dont have a PayPal account!! Have I received a board from new stock ? No! Have I had my money No! That's it, in the morning now I know who they are, I'm contacting Ebay again. This time I'm not going to stop badgering them or Wargamer144.
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:51 am

Yes, I'm 99% sure it's the same company.

Over the three plus years I've been collecting RC tanks, I've looked at thousands of Amazon, eBay and vendor sales. And in that time, I've got used to spotting similarities between eBayers and companies. They have the same spelling mistakes, or the same incorrect listings/descriptions. TankZone and this eBayer doesn't seem to know there's a difference between Taigen and Torro when advertising one or the other. Plus similar descriptive writing between the two. Also, they are both in the same town, not large area, city or county, but a small town, too much of a coincidence for me ;)

One last thing, when buying online, PayPal is always a good option to pay, but if you used a credit card, you can make a claim with your card company :thumbup:

Mick.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Dark46 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:05 am

Cheers for the reply Mick,

I've just sent them a kind letter at the moment (what I call kind up what might come next) explaining what happened and the fact, after not getting one from Ebay off then bought one online from their website. So they weren't out of stock!

We will see what happens but certainly not buying off them again. I was considering a Mato M10 , funny how looking at it when you search the net the come up as the only place to get one and on Ebay too with the Clark board. All the others are unpainted with a standard board. I guess there goes my M10 I wanted getting destroyed and I will only have it on WOT now.
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:20 am

You could always write a begging letter to Dave at forgebear asking him if he can help get you a tank or kit :thumbup:

As for Clark boards, it's always safer to go to maxmekker, he can be found within the vendors list at the bottom of the forum board index page. Or try here.
I will always consider trying these vendors first before going anywhere else :thumbup:

Members - RC Tank Warfare
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=28

Oh, and good luck with your quest. Don't forget to make a report to eBay asap :thumbup:

And please keep us posted.
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby essexbill » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:56 am

Son of a Gunner warned me about these 2 vendors saying that some members had had a bad experience.

I am new and glad that I sought some advice before purchasing .

essexbill
Private

Postby jarndice » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:11 am

Because of my well documented problems with "Tankzone" when I was in the market for a "CLARK" Board I bought one from-----
www.heng-long-panzer.de/
Excellent service, This was before "Maxmekker" joined the Forum and should I be in the market for another "CLARK" Board he would be my first port of call.

jarndice
Captain

Postby Son of a gun-ner » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:52 am

essexbill wrote:Son of a Gunner warned me about these 2 vendors saying that some members had had a bad experience.

I am new and glad that I sought some advice before purchasing .

To be fair, I also said some folks hadn't had problems with them.
And also that you could find the same products cheaper elsewhere ;)
Son of a gun-ner
TOTM Admin

Postby Dark46 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 pm

Son of a gun-ner wrote:You could always write a begging letter to Dave at forgebear asking him if he can help get you a tank or kit :thumbup:

As for Clark boards, it's always safer to go to maxmekker

I'm buying a lot at the moment from Dave @Forgebear
and I dont get any joy anywhere I will. But I've got a IS2 on order so will wait a little time. In doi g a lot slowly at the moment. Plus I want a M10 Wolverine .

I'm in touch with Maxmekker and have ordered a TK40 for King Tiger off him. Next will probably be a TK40 T34 board from him.

No reply from TZ yet.
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Previous

Return to Vendors Blacklist