Tankzone

Had a bad experience with a vendor? Let us know right here.
Forum rules
One topic per vendor, use the search facility to check if a thread already exists for a vendor.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tankzone

Post by RobW »

Thanks. That explains the price & capabilities (that and Stian sent me a video to explain using sufficiently short words).
Negaduck
Recruit

Post by Negaduck »

what a way for me to jump back into this site then to complain about Tankzone and it looks like this is the tread to do it in on a quick search.

first off i should say i'm in Canada and about a year ago i ordered the StuG III Ausf F/48 Early Conversion Set. i even got it shipped to my aunt that's in the southend area cause my dad went over there for some family vacation/reunion and could bring it back without the shipping cost. what i got was the Ausf C/D. i got a hold of kin and at their cost sent it back and i did get the Ausf F. missing pieces. and the main body of it was broken with the piece glued back on.

I wonder does this guy read what we put on here because i dont think i will buy anything from that site again if this is the norm
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

I joined this emporium of wonder and delight in September 2012 and I began shortly after that momentous day warning the Forum that Tankzone owed me £400 + And over the years I continued to warn members who enquired as to its veracity,
I was told many times that no no it was all different and it was a good dealer and then to make things worse it was given the UK franchise for Clark Boards,
Before our own Forum based hero made them available I got mine from Heng Long Germany because there was no way I would buy from T******e and here we are like a broken record hearing the same story's all over,
Please avoid them as well as "Nitrotek" again another shyster who wants your money but appears to be averse to providing any kind of service.
The blacklist carried warnings about Tankzone and Nitrotek as well as too many others and then for reasons beyond my understanding they were all removed and a new blacklist began,
In my worthless opinion that was a mistake and a lot of members of this Forum have been paying a high price for it ever since.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

jarndice wrote:I joined this emporium of wonder and delight in September 2012 and I began shortly after that momentous day warning the Forum that Tankzone owed me £400 + And over the years I continued to warn members who enquired as to its veracity,
I was told many times that no no it was all different and it was a good dealer and then to make things worse it was given the UK franchise for Clark Boards,
Before our own Forum based hero made them available I got mine from Heng Long Germany because there was no way I would buy from T******e and here we are like a broken record hearing the same story's all over,
Please avoid them as well as "Nitrotek" again another shyster who wants your money but appears to be averse to providing any kind of service.
The blacklist carried warnings about Tankzone and Nitrotek as well as too many others and then for reasons beyond my understanding they were all removed and a new blacklist began,
In my worthless opinion that was a mistake and a lot of members of this Forum have been paying a high price for it ever since.
I've always said tankzone are probably ok when things go right (which for 90% plus they probably do) however this isn't the mark of a good vendor, in my opinion it when things go wrong and how the vendor deals with this. This is where tankzone really falls down as their coms are pretty dire.
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Yes, things do go wrong when ordering anything online. It happens all the time for a million different reasons. I doubt that there is a dealer on the planet who has not screwed up at some point or other. Any dealer that has employees is also dependent on them to do their job properly, hence if someone is leaving the company, had a run in with the boss, wants to get home early etc, they will simply stuff something in a box and despatch it.

The good dealers put things right, the poor ones don't. The big dealers/box shifters probably don't care a lot as a 1% complaint record won't affect their business one jot. It depends on whether they want a reputation or a bigger profit. The time taken to respond to complaints is going to depend on whether they pay someone to handle the calls and emails, or do it themselves. During busy/holiday periods there will be a delay if they are doing it themselves.

Personally, I wouldn't run an online business for all the tea in China, because for every valid complaint I would have to try and identify the ten invalid ones, the chancers, the fraudsters and the plain stupid questions, and that is before anything is actually sold.
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Negaduck
Recruit

Post by Negaduck »

too bad for me i'm one of the honest ones with a legitimate complaint but i have a feeling that any complaint this guy get will be block after 2 or 3 emails. I've even tried working with them to have the replacement parts shipped to family in the UK like i did with the original order. maybe if i start a build thread on this tank someone will give me a link to a place where i can get the missing parts
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

You are absolutely right, It is the simple fact that TANKZONE and NITROTEK can afford to advertise beyond our particular niche (R/C Armour) to a wider audience where the boy sees the lovely pictures and tells his guardian that's what he wants for Christmas/Birthday etc and Mum/Dad knowing nothing about our hobby but being gulled by the power of advertising orders the product from a company who is interested in their money not in offering any kind of service,

Smaller more customer aware company's cannot compete in the wider market place and gain a lot of their sales through word of mouth and Forum's such as ours and all we can do is hope people with an interest in our hobby join the Forum before spending their hard earned on a £300+ Tank thereby getting the warnings before it is too late.
I have no idea how to solve this problem except we must when at work or socially when our hobby comes into the conversation warn potential buyers of R/C Armour for their offspring about the shysters and neer do wells who inhabit the hobby and tell them about the good guys.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
jstevens
Private

Post by jstevens »

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and new to tanks, but have been modelling and using radio control for many years. I just thought I would say that over the last year I have used Tankzone and had an absolute first class service and most items delivered next day and when I had a problem with a TK60 board he replaced it the next day even before I had sent the faulty one back. I am not saying others haven't had any problems but my experience of Tankzone is excellent.

John
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

Also goes by this name on eBay.

"wargamer144"

Just thought I'd share.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Dark46
Lance Corporal

Post by Dark46 »

Am I reading this right Wargamer144 on Ebay is Tankzone?

I bought a Clark board from Wargamer 144 in August. Or so I thought? Yes I paid as you do with my credit card and waited. Only to be told 2 weeks later they were out of stock. So I applied for my money back ,only to get told my PayPal has a problem and they've not been able to refund me! That could be because I dont have a PayPal account!! Have I received a board from new stock ? No! Have I had my money No! That's it, in the morning now I know who they are, I'm contacting Ebay again. This time I'm not going to stop badgering them or Wargamer144.
1:16
HL King Tiger ET, Taig King Tiger PT, Tam King Tiger PT
HL Tiger 1 x2, Taig Panther G, Taig Panzer III
Taig JS-2, Taig T34-85, Mato M4A1BN, Mato M10, HL M4a3 105mm, Taig M4a3 76mm

Return to “Vendors Blacklist”