Electronics Lock Up

Discuss your radio gear here!
StuG Life
Recruit

Electronics Lock Up

Post by StuG Life »

On a couple occasions, my Taigen Jagdpantheg had gotten a command from the transmitter “stuck”. One time it wouldn’t quit firing, another it wouldn’t quit turning right. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

StuG Life.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Electronics Lock Up

Post by Tiger6 »

sounds like the battery in the tank was getting low?
StuG Life
Recruit

Post by StuG Life »

Tte battery in the tank was fully charged. An inspection of the batteries in the controller showed son corrosion. My kids left this controller on when I wasn’t home fo a long time. Tried to clean the corrosion and changed the batteries. Could this have been the problem?

Thanks.

StuG life.
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

Possibly? If cleaning up the contacts and putting new batteries into the handset cures it then happy days.

However, in my experience 'older' tank battery packs can appear to be fully charged to the charger, despite being essentially 'time expired' and not taking much of a charge - lasting no more than a few mins before the tank acts up.
NiMH batteries do not have a great shelf life if not charged regularly, or are regularly deep discharged - I don't have too many LiPO's, but I understand they behave in a similar fashion.
Son of a gun-ner
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by Son of a gun-ner »

I had the firing problem years ago with a Heng Long Tiger 1, the controller hadn't instructed the tank to complete the firing sequence. Even turning the tank off and on again wouldn't stop the tank from firing. Although I could reset and stop it, it was only temporary, and it would happen again. I eventually discovered I had a problem with the Heng Long transmitter. I replaced the transmitter and my problem was solved.
I should mention, that was the old crystal system.

Like Tiger6 stated, you could have a battery problem, either in the tank or the transmitter. Another thing to always check when connecting up the battery in the tank, make sure the connector pins are fully connected, I've discovered that when connecting, either the pins or the tubes can push right up in the connectors and give you a "dry" connection.
Mick - The grit in the underpants of life!
And always happy to spare the bytes

TOTM needs YOU :thumbup: support YOUR TOTM competition, I'm doing my part, are YOU?
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I second all the advice so far. If your Taigen Jagdpanther has barrel recoil, it could be that the micro-switch adjacent to the barrel is stuck. If I recall correctly, the switch makes contact when the barrel comes to full recoil, stopping the action. This is less likely, but about ten or fifteen years ago, I did have the problem with a Taigen KV-2, and I was able to fix it by opening up the turret and fiddling with the micro-switch. Keep us informed as to your progress (or, :'( , lack thereof). There is a solution, maybe without great expense.

Return to “Radio Gear”