Turnigy TGY-i6S rotary buttons .

Discuss your radio gear here!
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Turnigy TGY-i6S rotary buttons .

Post by Biasphere1 »

I was thinking my Clark TK24S was the problem but it's not, Maxxmekker in a PM asked me to check the outputs in real time and yes the VrA and VrB sliders do not re-centre themselves, they do on the radio but they don't on the channel outputs that's why I was in an infinite loop with the cannon firing and both MG outputs .
What do I do now the radio is not that old it would still be under warranty but if there's a quick fix .
Do I open it up and re-solder some stuff ?
Cheers and THX for reading .
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Turnigy TGY-i6S rotary buttons .

Post by Jofaur86 »

:( Hello, if I follow your reasoning? you thought that on a rotary button, the servo automatically returned to neutral, without having to manipulate the button? is that right? Personally, I would advise you, for information, reading the blog of "Rad "who perfectly masters the subject of Radios.
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
see in gadgets and tips, my Radio and Radios, 2 explanations :thumbup:
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

Jofaur86 wrote::( Hello, if I follow your reasoning? you thought that on a rotary button, the servo automatically returned to neutral, without having to manipulate the button? is that right? Personally, I would advise you, for information, reading the blog of "Rad "who perfectly masters the subject of Radios.
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
see in gadgets and tips, my Radio and Radios, 2 explanations :thumbup:
Mate Maxxmekker made me aware of the issue and has told me that yes they should be returning to an
off" state . And yes he's right as in every video of an SBUS Clark board the VrA and Vrb sliders go back to an off position once released , and yes HobbyKing has been informed and they've asked me to send the radio back to be fixed or for a new one .
HobbyKing has told me it is not working correctly so I'm good with that .
Thank you for input.
Cheers mate .
tankme

Post by tankme »

That was my thinking from the start that it was a Turnigy problem. I was actually typing that last night at work when I accidentally hit refresh and blew away my response. Never got back to it as I got busy at work. The Turnigy radios are a little cheaper than the Flysky ones, but I've never had any issues getting them configured with the Clark boards. I did have issues with my FRsky radio with Clark only. It works great with everything else. The two radios are supposed to be the same, but from the start there have been little differences between the Turnigy and the Flysky. Whether that is hardware or just software I have no idea.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

OK, so I'm confused, these are not rotary knobs as I understand it, ie like a potentiometer, neutral in the middle and plus/minus right or left? hence my misinterpretation :O
n fact it's an inter, controlled by a rotary knob, in view of the photos from the radio, well, I would have learned something today :wave:
tankme

Post by tankme »

It's a spring loaded rotary knob highlighted in yellow. It goes back and forth, but always returns to center...or supposed to.
Capture.PNG
Derek
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D Thank you Tankme, OK I understand better
Biasphere1
Lance Corporal

Post by Biasphere1 »

tankme wrote:It's a spring loaded rotary knob highlighted in yellow. It goes back and forth, but always returns to center...or supposed to.
Capture.PNG
It is physically returning to centre but it's not electronically , the function is staying set not switching off .
If Maxx hadn't mentioned it I'd be chasing a board problem I didn't have .
Cheers .
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) Ok, personally I resonated in terms of a rotary knob? in fact it's like a 2-position switch with return to the center as soon as released. For that I personally always do a test with servos on the RX, which allows to visualize a possible problem, more easily, than directly with the card !!!! but hey you have the solution and it's very good :thumbup:
tankme

Post by tankme »

Jofaur86 wrote::) Ok, personally I resonated in terms of a rotary knob? in fact it's like a 2-position switch with return to the center as soon as released. For that I personally always do a test with servos on the RX, which allows to visualize a possible problem, more easily, than directly with the card !!!! but hey you have the solution and it's very good :thumbup:
I agree. Not sure why they call them VRA and VRB as to me they do operate just like a 3 position switch (left-center-right or MG-off-canon).
Derek

Return to “Radio Gear”