Which receiver for Radiomaster TX-16S and Tamiya Tiger?

Discuss your radio gear here!
Lenny Warren
Private

Which receiver for Radiomaster TX-16S and Tamiya Tiger?

Post by Lenny Warren »

I’m about to buy my first tank, Tamiya 1/16 Tiger.

I’m going to buy the Radiomaster TX-16S, what would be the best receiver to get for the Tiger? I realise the TX-16S will work with many receivers, but what would be the best to work well with the Tamiya Tiger?
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Re: Which receiver for Radiomaster TX-16S and Tamiya Tiger?

Post by jhamm »

There isn´t the best receiver that work well with the Tamiya Tiger...
The question should be: which electronics for the tiger?
from this you can then deduce which receiver is required
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

As our friend said, there is no better radio for Tamiya, or any other brand for that matter. The only problem with Tamiya? is that the function of firing a cannon or machine gun, is done by shifting the trims of the emitter? but with a programmable radio this can be bypassed, thanks to the use of the inters. There are moreover currently more radios of this type. Moreover if one day you pass, with an electronic other than Tam. type Clark, Elmod , Ibu or Beier? this type of radio will be reusable without worry
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/2020/06/25/radios/
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... /my-radio/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Tamiya, only need 4 channels to work, but 8 channels is a minimum, in order to have more functions
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

I have been using a Jumper T18 for quite a while now and am moving many of my tanks (and other RC stuff) to work from this one radio (very similar to to the Radiomaster you have - i.e. Open TX, etc). For a regular PWM channel set up I have found the Turnigy TGY-IA6B brilliant and for my Clark MFU's with S-Bus I found the TGY-iA6C excellent. This is really a bit of an overkill for our tanks but both of these can monitor (on screen) battery voltage which is great if you run on LiPo batteries. Both these receivers are versions of flysky receivers and I don't know how well they will work with Tamiya tanks because I don't run any.
Anyway, just a couple of suggestions as both are fairly reasonable priced as well.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) no worries, any RX will work with Tamiya (minimum 4 channels) Dr. Phibes talking I think? of receiver with telemetry? system which retransmits on the screen of your TX in real time, the state of your battery, etc. useful if you use Lipos? but for Tam.perso I would stay at good Nimh7.2 volts.
Dr Phibes
Corporal

Post by Dr Phibes »

Jofaur86 wrote::) no worries, any RX will work with Tamiya (minimum 4 channels) Dr. Phibes talking I think? of receiver with telemetry? system which retransmits on the screen of your TX in real time, the state of your battery, etc. useful if you use Lipos? but for Tam.perso I would stay at good Nimh7.2 volts.
Yep, fair enough jofaur86, I don't know the set up with Tamiya electronics so I have no doubt you are correct regarding battery choice. The telemetry options on the receivers I suggested is pretty basic but I do find it useful to know battery voltage but not as crucial I agree with Nimh.
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

I wholeheartedly recommend using the Radiomaster TX16S with a Beier board or an Elmod Fusion Pro board. I have both boards and having the ability to add custom sounds and customize drivability is simply a joy. Please refer to Rad Schuhart’s website for more detailed info.
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Oh, and if you’re going to spend the money on a Tamiya tank, don’t go with sub standard electronics. Just my opinion.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Jimster,
am of your opinion, it is sure that the best would be to find an empty Tamiya and to buy a good electronics, because if one compares the Tam price of the two modules and a Beier turntable, or the like, it is certain that not the same result in the end. Tamiya sounds are frozen once and for all, and just the bare minimum.
Dr.Phibes
it is very basic and old electronics, for that Tamiya has not evolved, electronic level and it is a pity, the only advantage is that original, designed to use standard radios, 80s basic ´without programming, and in 27 Mhz or 41 Mhz then, it is certain that these days, as Jimster rightly says it, Beier is the Top See the excellent advice of Rad on this forum and the attached links. depend, how does our friend want to use his tank? for fun, or to improve it in the future?

Return to “Radio Gear”