Taigen V1 - Help needed identifying resistor value.

Discuss your radio gear here!
Bassetus44
Recruit

Re: Taigen V1 - Help needed identifying resistor value.

Post by Bassetus44 »

Good morning again!

Good news! :thumbup: I’ve just plugged in a new Taigen V1 MFU & bound it to the Transmitter and………….basically it works! :clap:

This appears to indicate that on the original MFU one negative pin, (pin 4, yellow), is permanently shorted to battery (-). This was the issue before the resistor failure.

Elevation, Recoil & Flash all function and only when connected to the transmitter. However, the RECOIL function still does not ‘park’ and the FLASH stays on too long. Could it be the microswitch?
The microswitch has 3 poles, with 2 connected. When closed it has continuity between the 2 wires, Black & White

Bonjour encore!

Bonne nouvelle! :thumbup: Je viens de brancher un nouveau Taigen V1 MFU lié à l’émetteur et .............en gros ça marche! :clap:
Cela semble indiquer que sur le MFU d’origine, une broche négative (broche 4, jaune) est raccourcie en permanence à la batterie (-). C’était le problème avant la défaillance de la résistance.
Élévation, Recoil Flash toutes fonction et uniquement lorsqu’il est connecté à l’émetteur. Cependant, la fonction RECOIL ne se « gare » toujours pas et le FLASH reste allumé trop longtemps.
Serait-ce le microcommutateur ? Le microcommutateur a 3 pôles, avec 2 connectés. Lorsqu’il est fermé, il a une continuité entre les 2 fils, Noir / Blanc.

Regards,
Andy
Attachments
Microswitch #2
Microswitch #2
FB39D77C-DE1B-4F16-AAA1-EC8DC764C2B4.jpeg (96.32 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
Microswitch #1
Microswitch #1
6EBB5DEB-2072-42F2-9B54-B351510E7D74.jpeg (95.83 KiB) Viewed 1568 times
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) the microswitch sends only one pulse (stealth contact) to control the flash or flash led between J / K on board, in principle only need two wires (it is an inter)
Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

Good evening,

Yes, I agree. I too believe it should make contact momentarily, then release, that is ‘pulse’.

I have a spare simple spring steel, airsoft style microswitch, either to add a second switch OR replace the WSM microswitch, because I’m now doubting its correct functionality.

Aiso, I have searched out a Taigen/Aisatam recoil/elevation unit from my spares. The two microswitchs are different to each other in design. The simple type that I think connects in to CH3 pins G/H, the second a true microswitch that is connected to the negative? of the recoil motor & the battery (-) at the power switch.

I’ll experiment more tomorrow.

Regards
Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

Good afternoon,

I don’t want to try the Asiatam type recoil as it was damaged in the post so it ended up as being kept for spares.

The WSN microswitch tested OK. I reassembled it to the recoil and this time plugged in the speaker. This is the result:-

1). The recoil cycles but still does not ‘park’.
2). The new clue is that that the cannon sound keeps repeating when the cam is at its peak, and stops when indexed to its low point. Therefore, the microswitch is closed and not briefly making contact, ie. a quick make and break contact ‘Pulse’. I am going to try to adjust the microswitch position a little, before trying to mount a simple Heng Long / Taigen type microswitch.

Attached are photos of both sides of the recoil, fully extended and fully recoiled.

Best regards,
Attachments
R/H Side Extended
R/H Side Extended
D957362D-0938-42D5-85D6-0D488423DE08.jpeg (93.51 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
R/H Side Extended
R/H Side Extended
AFD985B8-CC41-420A-98BE-A58B96C2B3D4.jpeg (82.21 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
L/H Side Recoiled
L/H Side Recoiled
L/H side Recoiled
L/H side Recoiled
25F6A0F1-64EB-47B1-9537-577E93E42016.jpeg (74.01 KiB) Viewed 1547 times
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening, I admit not knowing what to say ?? no possibility to replace by this, photo attached, would definitively solve
https://www.rctank.de/unite-de-recul-de ... -Long-1-16
Bassetus44
Recruit

Post by Bassetus44 »

Good evening to you too.

Strangely I have a new one of these and thought about using it last night. I bought it originally to use on my Jagdpanther, but didn’t bother.

I’ll solder some wires on it and test it. New mountings will need to be fabricated as WSN differ to Heng Long / Taigen. So I’ll test first :S

How did your friend position and connect his additional microswitch? Was it like the Asiatam unit?
That is the WSN microswitch connected to J & K and the other simple microswitch to the Negative of the motor & battery ‘Ground (-)’.

Kind regards,
Andy
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:) I think that must adapt, without too much worry, for you. The system of elevation is ditto Heng Long or Taigen, but with the lever less, it is directly the crown of the engine which comes to raise the small rear leg recoil, but will need a spring to help come back. For my friend ? will ask him the question again? if can watch?
to modify the mechanism? I'm not too worried about you :P
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

I only have that for info, for the moment
7F17C110-3E8D-4A0B-8AF7-2DDB0596BAC7.jpeg

Return to “Radio Gear”