TX16S right gimbal mixing

Discuss your radio gear here!
orntar
Private

TX16S right gimbal mixing

Post by orntar »

Hello,
I just received my Radiomaster Tx16s and R168 rx. I successfully binded them together. I have a 3d printed tank with dual motors for drive and have them plugged into the channel 2 and 3 ports in the rx.

I found a tutorial for mixing the channels together in opentx, and have done that. It looks good in the opentx simulator, but it does nothing in the tank.

Anyone have any input as to setting up a new opentx model for single stick driving a tank. I think it has to do with the throttle setting on the radio...
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: TX16S right gimbal mixing

Post by Jofaur86 »

orntar wrote:Hello,
I just received my Radiomaster Tx16s and R168 rx. I successfully binded them together. I have a 3d printed tank with dual motors for drive and have them plugged into the channel 2 and 3 ports in the rx.

I found a tutorial for mixing the channels together in opentx, and have done that. It looks good in the opentx simulator, but it does nothing in the tank.

Anyone have any input as to setting up a new opentx model for single stick driving a tank. I think it has to do with the throttle setting on the radio...
Hello,
I do not understand your question very well? vius say that you have one motor connected to Ch.2 and the other to Ch.3 ?? but which electronics do you go through? between the RX and the engines? Clark, Ibu, Elmod?
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

If you are not using proprietary control boards for all your tank functions, do you have a separate electronic speed control for each motor?
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

Yes, sorry. It just goes from battery to 30a esc to motor, one on each side.

If I move the connector to channel 3, the left Throttle stick will move one of the tracks, so it's like the other channels are not telling it to send voltage?
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Please post your Model-OTX.file
I think you did not link the channels together.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:D
OK, so you actually want to drive each motor with a stick for each? have you ever looked by plugging servos on the RX which stick does what, as well as if the TX is in mode 1 or 2? otherwise actually do as Jhamm says :thumbup:
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

Transmitter is Mode 2, AETR.

Here is my save from opentx companion, is that what you mean?

If that worked, it would be tank or model8. I was trying different settings. Thanks!
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

We need a backup made with OpenTX-compoanion - this is a file xxxx.otx
xxxx is a name of you choice.
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

That is the backup of my settings, called document1.otx. Is there another way to save it?
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid
orntar
Private

Post by orntar »

I feel like this should be easy...

I plugged the left esc into channel 3 and I can run that track with the Throttle stick. Switched channel 3 to the right esc and it will run that track. So it is just not mixing no matter what I try.

I found this post that is similar:
https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tan ... -tank.html
Do I need a vtail mixer?

Seems I am the only one having this issue. I got the plans from thingiverse and no one posted issues like me.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2414983/comments
-Nathan
Taigen Tiger I mid

Return to “Radio Gear”