Help needed - WSN T-34 and Taigen 2.4GHz

Discuss your radio gear here!
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Help needed - WSN T-34 and Taigen 2.4GHz

Post by SimonCornes »

I discovered that the WSN power plug is 3 pin and Taigen/HL use 2 pin so my first job was to order a Taigen/HL power lead.

(As an 'aid' I also have a HL Pan-Tiger that I am almost finished fitting an RX-18 board into. I can't prove that it all works yet because I need a pair of HL 27MHz crystals as I have discovered that Futaba crystals aren't compatible. All being well I'll have a pair by the middle of this week. But, on the basis that the Taigen gear can be substituted for the HL originals, I am looking at what the RX-18 wiring is connected to in the Pan-Tiger with a view to identifying the same components in the WSN T34 - if that makes sense?)

So I am hoping that when I get the power plugged in I will be able to get the tank moving. I can replace the WSN speaker and sound card with the Taigen hardware. That leaves the turret. I have an 8 pin umbilical from an RX-13 system so I can solder the WSN wires to the bare ends of the 8 wires and here is where the fun starts! I have traced the WSN wiring, so my thinking is:-

Orange - connect to Green turret traverse wire in T34 (Red turret traverse in Pan-Tiger)
White - connect to White turret traverse wire in T34 (White turret traverse in Pan-Tiger)
Green - Black wire in Pan-Tiger - connects to red wire in Pan-Tiger BB firer/flasher/elevation
Brown - Black wire in Pan-Tiger - connects to red wire in Pan-Tiger BB firer/flasher/elevation
Yellow - Red wire in Pan-Tiger - connects to yellow in Pan-Tiger BB firer/flasher/elevation
Blue - connect to green headlight wire in T34 (Red headlight wire in Pan-Tiger)
Black - connect to White headlight wire in T34 (Black headlight wire in Pan-Tiger)
Red - Not used in Pan-Tiger -RX-18

I'm hoping that the gun traverse and headlight will work as I expect!

The real issues for me are the Green, Brown and Yellow terminals that, in the Pan-Tiger, connect to the BB firer/flasher/elevation unit. With the WSN turret I have no BB firer, I have a gun elevation and a recoil device with an LED flasher in the barrel. I have Red, White and Blue wires and I'm wondering which terminals they should connect to? One final thing, the WSN sound card also has a red and a black wire going into the turret - I'm guessing there may be a microswitch to make a 'bang' sound when the gun recoils? As the Taigen sound system has no direct connection with the turret I assume that the 'bang' comes via the main control board?

Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated!!
Thank you
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Re: Help needed - WSN T-34 and Taigen 2.4GHz

Post by SimonCornes »

Seems like no one has any clues!!

Well I have the traverse working and the headlight working so that just left the 3 wires into the turret. In the absence of any guidance I had a stab at it and the elevation works pretty much as WSN did it - an arm running in top of a cam driven by a motor. Only rotates in one direction and the recoil doesn't function at all! I have zipped it all up in frustration but if anyone can think of a means of getting the gun to go up or down that would be great! Maybe I need a new elevation unit and/or recoil unit? If so, can anyone recommend which please? Remember, I still only have 3 wires to connect!

Thanks
Simon
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=11431 - does this help?
Tiger6
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Tiger6 »

SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Thank you very much for that. I have PM'd wibblywobbly as he seems to have a handle on this!!

Simon
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

SimonCornes wrote:
Thank you very much for that. I have PM'd wibblywobbly as he seems to have a handle on this!!

Simon
It may be a while before a reply. For some reason, wibblywobbly can not get email notification of PMs, so only picks them up when he logs on, which is not so frequent these days
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

silversurfer1947 wrote:
SimonCornes wrote:

Simon
It may be a while before a reply. For some reason, wibblywobbly can not get email notification of PMs, so only picks them up when he logs on, which is not so frequent these days
That's a hell of a pity silversurfer1947. I suspected something might be 'iffy' when there was no option when PM'ing him to have an e-mail telling me that he had replied to my PM. I suspect it may be his profile that needs tweaking!

Simon
silversurfer1947
Lieutenant

Post by silversurfer1947 »

Wibblywobbly is one of only 2 admin for the forum and has huge experience in the technology field. He had been unable to find out why the problem occurs. I will try to contact him for you.
Richard
Tamiya Tiger 1, Taigen FlakPanzer IV,Torro M16 half-track, Tamiya Panther,WSN/Torro T34,Taigen M41 Bulldog,H/l/Taigen Sherman M4A3,H/L T90, Haya M3 Grant, Metal Origins 234/2 Puma, Nashorn by Alwyn. I was only going to have one tank - honest! :D
SimonCornes
Lance Corporal

Post by SimonCornes »

Okay, well in that case he has considerably more knowledge in that respect than me! Thank you very much for offering to help - much appreciated!
Simon
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

not sure if can help? attached links on RX18, HL, Taigen, Torro all ditto, see second link, several types
B31AB2C4-0D59-4C10-91A6-BAFBBD865BBA.jpeg
B31AB2C4-0D59-4C10-91A6-BAFBBD865BBA.jpeg (47 KiB) Viewed 2728 times
https://www.google.fr/search?source=uni ... 61&bih=825

Return to “Radio Gear”