Radio Turigny

Discuss your radio gear here!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Radio Turigny

Post by Jofaur86 »

Good evening
Question for Rad... :D this is the type of radio strongly recommended ? :thumbup: Tank you in advance

ECD7FA3D-D313-4C23-8D5E-54B96BC8859B-1582-000001C493CDE302.jpg
ECD7FA3D-D313-4C23-8D5E-54B96BC8859B-1582-000001C493CDE302.jpg (23.41 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Radio Turigny

Post by jarndice »

10 years ago the Turnigy 9X was a good programmable 2.4 digital transmitter and I still have mine and like it very much BUT it is old tech and much better radios are out there and at competitive prices.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

Not anymore.

That radio is a great base but it needs several mods to be up to the today's standards. It can be found for 65 bucks in hobbyking, even 25 in flash offers. By the time you finish fitting everything you would be in the superior radios range.

I wrote an entry talking and ranting about radios, Ill probably enlarge it soon:

https://radindustries.wordpress.com/2020/06/25/radios/

Check also here, just for curiosity of what I did with my radio. It might give you better understanding of how it works: https://radindustries.wordpress.com/202 ... /my-radio/

Jimster got two of the radios I recommended and he seems to be super happy.

Im sure he will chime here and he will tell you marvels.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Thank you,Rad you blog is my bedside book :D So so old model? What advise you for a minimum of 8!chanels and reasnabe budget? And easy to program :{
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

Good evening! Or Morning to you maybe. :)
First let me say that my best piece of rc tank equipment is my Radiomaster TX16S. Not trying to persuade you just telling you my thoughts. If you wish to continue reading, here’s my personal radio journey:
My first radios were Heng Long then Taigen (2018-2019 technology) but they felt toylike with limited functions. That’s absolutely fine for many rc tankers but I wanted more flexibility. I bought a Clark TK- 40 for my Tiger I in my quest for realism. The recommended radio to operate the Clark board is the i6s which is great for the capabilities of the TK- 80. Easy to set up the radio.
Next was the Tarranis QX7 for my new ElMod board. Great radio. Felt much more hobby grade and is programmable with the ability to be used for multiple tanks. More switches and a cool look.
Then I was blown away by the Elmod Fusion Pro sound effects, tank controls and available servo connectors. I saw and heard cool ElMod things on YouTube videos. All sounds and tank movements are fully customizable and adjustable to replicate very realistic tank physics. Super fun for me tweak things and change sounds with the click of a laptop button. Google it if you want to learn more but it may not be for you.
This finally brings us to my Radiomaster TX16S! I can’t begin to relay here all the cool features of my latest radio. More comfortable to hold, easy battery recharging among many other great features. One thing I love is the sliders! I shortened their knobs for my personal preference and I use the left one for rotating my commander‘s head. The QX7 lacks sliders.
So! I prefer my Radiomaster TX16S for that reason and it fits the hands more comfortably. However there is much to this radio that I haven’t explored.
Bottom line. Figure out what you want to get out of your tank to make YOU happy. You may be fine with the new Heng Long 6.1s and it’s dedicated radio or you may want more out of your tank. YouTube will help you figure it out. Good luck.
Rad_Schuhart

Post by Rad_Schuhart »

jarndice wrote:10 years ago the Turnigy 9X was a good programmable 2.4 digital transmitter and I still have mine and like it very much BUT it is old tech and much better radios are out there and at competitive prices.
Sure it has aged tech, but It is still a nice radio. Of course you have to flash new firmware, fit a color screen and a multi module.
That is still the radios I use or make for people, because I think they are super robust, very easy to repair and the software it is still updated about every week! Being old tech sometimes is a pro. Is like fixing old car VS new cars. Everybody can fix the old cars but you have to take the new cars to their own brand, so many propietary tech they have.

But agree, said that, Id not get it as today unless you know what you are doing or somebody does it for you.

@Jofaur86: Well, it is what I already wrote on my web and what Jimster did. Either the Taranis QX7 or the Radiomaster TX16S. Maybe as a start Id get the Taranis QX7 because you might get lost with so many functions the radiomaster has. The screen of it looks very simple compared to the radiomaster but both radios are capable of almost the same things.
My RC tanks website, loads of free info for everybody:
https://radindustries.wordpress.com/
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello,
First of all,a big thank you to you for your :D excellent advice :thumbup: and find it great to take the time.QX7 I found this ?? Internet
jhamm
Staff Sergeant

Post by jhamm »

Hello,
look at this:
https://hobbyking.com/de_de/frsky-taran ... ?wrh_pdp=7
a very good offer.
Sell the 900MHz Module and you get a Radio for arround 70,-GBP
Anthony James
Recruit

Post by Anthony James »

Hello

I am in need of some help with my radio which is a Turnigy TGY 9. It has worked perfectly for a long time, but a few months ago my 1/16 Tamiya KT with Elmod Fusion Pro started to drive on its own after the start up sequence.
I contacted Thomas from Elmod who said to update the firmware and software etc , this was done, now the Tank after starting does not move which is good, however, all the radio controls don't work properly.

1) First problem, the left stick when pushed left makes the Tank go backward, and when pushed right makes the Tank go forwards, I have always had it that when pushed forward the Tank goes forward and pulled back the Tank goes in reverse, if I can fix that then maybe we could work on the other problems. I can provide screenshots of everything if needed.
There was a user locally who had it all down but is now not in it anymore which has left a lot of us wondering how to fix things as he set many Tanks

If I remember correct the Radio has a Tank template in it.

Regards

Anthony
Anthony James
Recruit

Post by Anthony James »

Hello

Here is some information on my radio setup, I hope this helps.

RADIO SET UP
1) All switches in the backward position to start except the front three way toggle which is the start, which remains in the middle
3) Left Rear main gun (not working ) moving this moves the main gun up and down, which is wrong
4) Right Rear MG not working, this also moves the main gun up and down.
5) Front toggle start push back to start and push down for the front headlight and rear convoy light, start both cold and hot working, headlight and convoy not working.
6) Left Stick should be forward to go forward and reverse for reverse, at the moment it is forward when stick is pushed left sideways, and pushed right sideways for reverse, this should be for turning etc both ways.
7) Right stick forward moves the Turret to the right, and pulled back makes the Turret move left, this is fine with me.
8) Template is Elmod Pro
9) Left front switch when moved to the front should activate user sounds, by moving the right side up and down and left to right should move through the user sounds, not working at the moment.
Attachments
20201105_082529.jpg

Return to “Radio Gear”